Why doesn't GAG allow you to remove your questions?

Every public forum type website like this that I've come across where you can post your personal thoughts and ideas gives you the option to remove the information you've put. This is the first website I've been to where they don't allow that. I was just wondering why?

Most Helpful Guy

• so they could use it as evidence to incriminate them later if needed

Isn't it also strange how they can re-word questions

Only logical reason is that they're working for the Illuminati

to imprison us, inject and brainwash us

What Guys Said 4

• I think it is to help prevent similar questions being asked multiple times. Generally, before asking a question, the person should do a search on what they are asking...more often than not they can find part or all of what they are looking for in just 5 minutes of searching. The reality, though, is that this does not happen. That is just what I think the reason is.

• Honestly I've never heard or any website allowing the QA to remove their own questions. I've been here, and also another site kinda like this one, but neither one as far as I know will permit you to remove questions. But typically questions here are removed by supermods and admin because they are repeats, they are irrelvant, or violate the terms of use-from what I've read and understand.

• Because they're too busy removing them for you.

• maybe?

1. could be something relating to "hyperpoints"

2. people woudl just ask same questions(they already do)

3. Level of user

4. top one- eveeryone would delete all their questions (if the got answer they wanted...maybe)

What Girls Said 5

• We like to refer members to similar questions that have been asked in the past, so that they can get a comprehensive list of advice that members have contributed over time, rather than just a few short answers to their own question! This will reduce the number of repetitive questions that are asked, making it easier to navigate the site, AND refer you to a question with several quality answers!

If you would like a posting to be changed to "Anonymous," please take the following steps:

1) Log in to your account

2) Go to the "Home" page

3) Click on "Questions" or "Answers" on the right side of the screen

4) Click on the question title that you would like to change

5) At the bottom of the question box, check the "Anonymous" box.

• "This will reduce the number of repetitive questions that are asked, "

I think that's a very naive assumption, which the facts don't bear out. (Just my $0.02)

• Actually...if you look at the stats, it has. :) While questions may seem similar as the GirlsAskGuys community grows, the number of repetitive questions asked has seen a significant decline.

• Soo people wouldn't repeat the same question even though most do

• Don't know,I wonder the same. I like to be able to delete some of my questions just to clean it out a bit.

• I think they used to. I'm not sure why they don't allow it.

• I'm kind of glad that they don't. I can go back and look at things I wrote or saw a year ago and laugh. Or find someone I need to find, etc. Lots of reasons why I'm glad you can't delete old questions or answers.