Do you think there are a lot of fake profiles on GaG?

I have seen a good few where I saw pics and knew they took them from somewhere else, its just alarming to think you never really know who could be a faker haha

Most Helpful Girl

• ... darn, I thought no one would realize I'm not a big black fluffy puppy :( I JUST WANTED TO BE CUTE.

What Girls Said 12

• I am sorry that I got my display picture from the internet flickr :)

• Yes, there are quite a few.

And male users on here tend to ride their clits, basically worshipping them and complimenting them...only to make themselves look like asses LOL

The same way dudes on here basically worshipped Juliana and when she got a big head people on here acted all dumb about it.

Cyrus is normally good at calling the girls out on their sh*t though. Girls seem to be ignorant to the fact that there's a site that has the most commonly faked photos. The photos that are faked tend to be circa '05-'06, when Myspace and site models were a hit.

• yeah I agree completely, I've seen some girls pics on here that I've seen on other sites, or even from google images, it's a complete joke that dudes go crazy for fake people

• Well if we are going by user icon I'm fake ha ha but Till is so cute in this picture and I'm a sucker for glasses :p

I hope no one thinks I look like a 48 year old man o.O

• yeah but mostly just girls. most guys pictures look legit

• ah its you, no homework today I see haha. Well yeah I agree with you on that one, girls do it more than dudes

• what you're basically saying is, most guys look ugly or average here :P

• noo no no lol there's lots of good looking guys on here

• There is def a lot of girls with fake pictures, and its funny when a guy compliments them. are they really that stupid? lol

• Probably, but does it really matter? Aren't we trying to get answers and help others with theeir problems too? This isn't eHarmony...

• yeah I know, but its pretty lame when people can't be genuine, the fact that they're on a fake profile would mean they're untrustworthy and therefore would nullify their answers

• Yeah. I guess I'm leary about meeting people from the internet, so I usually don't try to. And there's things I ask or answer on this site that are personal, so I don't add pics or details because I don't need everyone all up in my business. Or if someone knew me in person, or recognized me it would be awkward, etc.

• why in the world would someone's ambiguous account invalidate their comment? so what where it comes from, if it makes sense to the topic at hand it should be taken into consideration...

• ugghh...okay,i'm sorry for lying to you people. I'm not REALLY asian,the pic is a lie -__-

• Yeah, there are. That's true. Wait... are you? o.O

• True.

Girls do it more than guys.

• I'm pretty sure there are

• Yes, I think there are tons of fake profiles.

• Yes. Many people have been posting the wrong age (e.g., "45" when they're really in HS), but they can't be reported because their postings are anonymous, so you don't really know who they are.

What Guys Said 9

• A lot of girls do that, I don't know why though

it's kinda pathetic if they're pretending to be someone else

on a site where no one know them

• hmm I've seen a few but I think its mostely old guys tryin to get their jollies pretending to be girls...

• Countless, I think some are also real but add fake pictures to their accounts.

• This very attractive girl messaged me looking for a date for this weekend and included some random link.

YOU MEAN TO SAY SHE MIGHT NOT BE REAL? DAMMIT! I thought I was handsome!

• Of course! I think it's mostly girls though. There are quite a few that I've encountered that I've suspected to be fake.

• Yes.

• if there are fake ones I haven't spotted them yet. having a profile picture of a celebrity or something doesn't count as fake to me because the user isn't taking on the persona of someone else. also, no one would believe they were that celebrity.

• mine's 100% legit

• Yes, I do. But people can masquerade as anyone they want to be on the internet.