Are some users of GaG lacking common sense?

Yes - this is a bashing question so don't re-ask is it one.

But my point is, the constant stream of "does that person like me?" questions drives me nuts - even if you suck at knowing it, then just ask that person! How could we know better?

Also relationship questions - "my partner is disrespecting and cheated on me, what should I do?" I'm in awe about the nerve of some people. Break-up!

And not to forget appearance and preference questions, especially questioning their importance(I'll give a hint: it's extremely important) but what people answer "it's not that important" and "it's all about confidence" it sickens me to read such bullsh*t. Even the thought someone may believe it... terrible!

But on the top of that all is it's not coming from immature teenagers but freakin 30years old and up people! I mean - seriously?

I swear there was a woman over 40 asking "does he like me?"

and around the same age, men asking something like "what's the best way to approach a girl?" along with other atrocities.

I wish there would be a way how to make people get the common sense because I swear it would answer most of questions, in fact - it would eliminate the need to even ask in the first place such stupid things.

But it's not the spam what bothers me, it's the emotional (im)maturity of the people, even grown-ups which is leaving me in some kind of a state of shock.

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand where your coming from.

I think a lot of the questions, and I'm guilty of it, is a lack of knowing because you're involved in the situation. I quite often want an outsiders point of view because they can view it with a more level head.

As for the partner disrespecting, sometimes it's not as easy as that. A lot of people, women especially, want to fix what they have, however broken it is.

The older people on this site, I agree it is worrying. But maybe some of them never had the confidence to do these things when they younger, or perhaps they have lost the confidence. Say there is a man out there who has been with his woman for 20 or 30 years, since high school, or university, or whatever, and then suddenly they divorce and break up. He may have no idea how to treat any other woman than her.

I think you should be thankful you are as level headed as you are :)

What Girls Said 7

• a lot of these people seem borderline retarded if you ask me

• It has less to do with lacking common sense and more to do with lacking confidence and self-esteem and wanting validation.

ALSO, a lot of times teens lie about their ages on here thinking their questions will stay up and not be removed, so it might not be a 40 year old asking it.

Plus, no one wants to admit that personality doesn't make up for being an uggo

• Hmm... in my opinion people come on here to get an answer from someone they don't know to get the an honest...good friends will tell you the truth even if it hurts...anywa it might be the opposite gender. Maybe some teenagers don't have an older sibling to Since so come on here. I seriously don't f***ing know about the 30 and up people though lmfao!

• aha I get what you are saying. the questions that I hate the most is when a girl says she is fat, when she is CLEARLY not! or the girls looking for compliments, like just recently a girl posted a question 3 times asking what you think of her body.

• My brother once told me that you have more in common with others than you think, once people realize that they won't be as afraid to approach or be less fearful

• Yes. I'd venture to say the majority of GAG users are.

• Lol the Internet is the Mecca for these people. And if you say anything about it, you get trolled. I really can't believe it either.

What Guys Said 6

• They don't necessarily lack common sense... many QA's want to know if there's reason to act on their feelings, and if other people might see the situation in a favorable way like they do. They don't want to get hurt. Also, QA's that are disrespected in their relationships are already emotionally attached... It's very hard to leave someone once an emotional attachment has been made.

Love is blind and has weird effects on the mind...

• Yes people have common sense. Well, most people do.

The majority of QA's on here just want someone to confirm what they already think.

• I saw a question a couple of weeks ago from a guy asking if rape was the only way for some guys to get sex. Yes, there are idiots here.

• Yes, I'd go as far to say MOST of the users here lack basic common sense and foresight. I'm here for the entertainment, definitely not advice.

• People just need to vent.

When I see a pattern where a user has asked the same question numerous times I either ignore it, block the user, or just answer very rudely.

• First thing : Not everyone on GAG uses the age thing correctly. (I've seen 30-35 year old women admit "I'm 16 and I thnk I'm pregnant")

Second thing : Even the "Does that person like me" questions have some value, because occasionally they do list things in the question which are obvious to one gender and oblivious to the other. That fact alone is something that some people never learned : Guys and girls do not share the same understanding of what is 'obvious'.

I do find it annoying when 100% of the guys will tell a girl "Yes, he likes you, he's just shy" and she still doesn't believe it or can't bring herself to do anything about it.

Third thing : Kids (or young adults, to use a less offensive term) often have the most bizarre ideas of what's important. Have you never seen a 12 year old screaming that if they don't go to this party, or buy these trainers, then they "WILL JUST DIE!" ? And you try to tell them that, one missed party won't kill you. Well, it's the same with many things in life, whether it's passing your exams or getting to date the prom queen, or having a monster **** or whatever.

So yeah, older people with more life experience will often tell the younger kids "Actually, you know what? It's not that important". Most kids won't believe this, but a few will, and it's for their sake that the advice should always be given.

Lastly, as sick as you might be of hearing how it's about confidence, it's just as tiring to see people refuse to believe it. Confidence has a huge part to play in relationships with the people you're attracted to. All the crying in the world won't change that. The good thing is, confidence is something you can acquire quite easily.

If the kids on GAG spent half the time working on their confidence, as they do crying over needing it or saying how useless it is, they'd have a lot less problems with relationships and with life.