Is it just me, or do people on here give some really horrible advice?

Seems like people like to just skim questions and then throw out what they "think" is the proper answer based on generalizations.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yes I hate that. Like the other day this guy didn't read what I have written in response and yelled at me being bewildered by his comment and chastised me for not reading when it clearly said the opposite of what he thought. I told him I didn't appreciate it and he told me to grow up :(

What Girls Said 3

• Some people give bad advice, some people give great advice.

• Yeah I agree, I know I'm not the best at giving advice but I do try to make my own opinions etc... but I do see some bad replies... and sometimes I think people can be a bit mean/harsh on purpose x

• some people do that . I hate it.

What Guys Said 5

• Even professional advice columnists give bad advice sometimes.

You can sometimes get great advice here.

But I think sites like this are almost best for just asking what people think. And while you will get some really insightful responses, you can learn something from the range of answers, even the ones that 'seem stupid' may represent how some people would view the situation, and understanding that is useful.

• Some people don't care about other users, so they just post (as an answer) the first thing that comes to their mind.

• Somehow that thought never crossed my mind but it makes sense!

• Just keep doing what you're doing and things should work out in the end.

• All the time.

• Some do. We're all people. You don't have to take everyone's advise, you know.

And the people who post without hiding behind the anonymous flag, soon get a repuation for good (or bad) advise.