Does anybody on GAG love singing?

Hey, everyone! I love to sing, and I've been taking lessons, So I've learned a lot of the scientific aspect of good singing. My question to you is: Who likes to sing? What do you sing? Do you take lessons? Are you in choir? And lastly, for anyone with a YouTube that wants some singing advice: Send a video of yourself singing a song. For good advice, I must be able to see you from the waist up, and the quality of the video should be so I can at least see and hear you clearly. I love giving singing advice :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I love to. I've never had lessons, I was In a school choir once for a little while. I don't know if I have videos that would work well, at least as of recently. Not saying I am a good singer, but is'd take advice. :) check out fatkidwithacookie for my videos on YouTube.

• You are very good! There are some things that stand out to me instantly, though. You tend to chest heave. When you breathe, you need to try and draw the breath down as far as you can. If possible, bring it down so low you can feel your hips separate to make room for the breath. (all the muscles down there move around). It's tough when you don't do it for a long time (I didn't my whole life until voice class...)

• Another thing I would suggest is to sit/stand up straighter when you sing. push your shoulders forward, back, up, then down, and then let them just relax and fall naturally. It should be a tiny bit back. Then straighten your back. This gives your floating ribs more room to expand, and eases up the tension on your throat, so more air can pass through.

• Aha, thank you! I usually sit up fairly straight aside from when playing guitar. I'll try this breathing thing for sure.

What Guys Said 3

• I like singing. I sing everyday.

For the last week or so I have been singing: "Come Home" by One Republic, "Lifesife" by A Fine Frenzy, and a few Priscilla Ahn songs. I normally sing songs that I like at that time.

I do a few vocal exercise videos on YouTube :P

I used to be in Choir and another school singing group back in the day.

• If you ever wanted vocal advice, just send a video for feedback :)

• Thanks for the offer :) I'll remember that if I ever am looking for some help.

• I love singing but I'm not good at it.

• I sing in the car all the time

What Girls Said 4

• I enjoy singing a lot; I'll sing whatever comes to mind, lol. But I occasionally sing out as a guest with my boyfriend's band. I've thought about taking lessons for it, but I could never figure out what kind of style to go for.

• It helps to try a lot of different styles until you find out what fits your voice the best. In my voice class, I have to sing 2 songs for the final of contrasting styles. One is a pop song, and one is a broadway/musical theater song. You should find a voice teacher who is very diverse when it comes to styles. I'd love to help you out if you wanted.

• AHAHA. Thanks for best answer. :p

• I love singing but I don't want to spend my mum's money to take lessons.

• I know how that is... I could never afford private lessons. The lessons I do get, I'm very lucky for, since it's a college class, and I have free tuition because my dad works at the college I go to.

• If you wanted, I could give you "virtual lessons" lol

• Haha, it's okay. Thanks though. I am hoping I can get a job when I'm a little older and pay for private tuitions. :) For now, I shall just sing in the shower haha.

• i LOVE IT!but I can't sing lol