Random questions get answered quicker than the good ones on GaG. Why is that?

im not trying to offend anybody but why the questions that are deep and hard hitting goes unanswered? it seems like to me the random questions get answered quicker than the good ones..why is that?

Most Helpful Girl

• People tend to hate thinking..

I'm guilty of it - I see an interesting question but the details about it are just way to long and extensive, and I'll pass it by.

I think QAs need a good medium they should provide relatively short interesting questions that everyone is able to answer, less of the questions that have been asked a million times before and long boring ones..

I would kind of disagree I'm more inclined to answer an interesting/hard-hitting ones than the random ones but that's just me.

What Guys Said 5

• People don't want to think, some people don't like thinking when they get home after school/work. Or in general, anything that requires the slight brain power is taboo to them.

• More people can answer stupid questions

• If you ask very specific questions, you narrow down the number of users willing/capable of answering.

A question that is very broad like "what is your favorite food?" will get a high response rate because everyone has their opinions on favorite foods.

A question about nuclear engineering will probably get one serious response if you're incredibly lucky.

• This is a site for dating advice. Not a tutorial for philosophy 101.

• Some times people treat this site as a desperate attempt at social interactions and fitting in or to express strong views and feed their egos. If you ask a short question such as "what's your favorite color? Yay!" You will get 20 responses in no time. If you ask a long question asking for much needed advice or a though provoking question relating to humanity and deep spirituality, it's gonna hurt mediocre people's minds so they will ignore it.

• i agree I like the controversial questions

questions that actually make me think

• controversial - popular

Controversial questions that actually make you think - not popular

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the question. Sometimes people have no idea how to answer certain questions. Or the questions aren't seen by a lot of people. Or the question is too long (some people on here don't usually jump on the long questions right away).

• yeah but the long questions be the good ones and I don't think a paragraph is long

• There's questions longer than a paragraph on here. Also there's paragraphs that go on and on. If its a specific question and you want an answer, message me the link.

• Some people just want easy x-per points so they answer the questions that are short and require less thinking (lol)

• Often times the deep and hard hitting ones are long & story like and that goes against girlsaskguys etiquette lol

Or they require experience and most people on here may not have been in that experience. For example, losing a boyfriend or girlfriend or having troubles in an open relationship or being physically abused. Those questions generally require experience because cookie cutter answers are generic and offer no value from the perspective of a person in an emotional state.

Plus, people really don't want to think

• its easier to answer a random question than it is a thoughtprovoking one

• Some people don't take the advice given to them into consideration. So, it's much or less a waste of time.

Also, some questions are just as mind racking as the next.