Met anyone on gag you thought was super cool?

What happened to them? Did you meet them in person? Did they slip away? I met a girl on here about a year ago, man she was so amazing. I let her slip away, I wish I had taken the chance to meet her. Now I'll probably never talk to her again. And you? What's your story?

I didn't necessarily mean met in person, just got to know on here also counts. did you consider these people real friends? or just internet friends? or will you never get close to them because they are internet people?

Most Helpful Guy

• Super cool, sure.

But one thing I've learned over the years is that online relationships aren't worth pursuing. Ever. They just don't work out. Even if you had an opportunity to meet her, the odds of it panning out to be anything of significance are stacked against you. The reality is, nobody wants to make the sacrifices that are needed to make it work.

What Girls Said 4

• I've only met one person that I enjoyed speaking to enough to want to meet. I never told him though, which I kind of regret. It doesn't matter anymore. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the same way in real life like how he presented himself online, or maybe that's just sour grapes lol.

Other than him, I've never, probably never will, and won't get close to anyone I meet online. I mean, I really don't see people online as ''real people''..

• You should. Regrets will eat away at you. For the most part, people are who the say they are aside from the obvious trolls. =)

• yes, I've met someone on GAG that I think is super cool :)

I haven't met him in person.

he hasn't "slipped away" cause we still talk everyday

I consider him a real friend and we're quite close.

• Yea my boyfriend and I met here and I am meeting a couple more people in a few months.

• Yeah, a handful of people. I've been on here almost 3 years (I know...) and have really only regularly talked to like, less than 5 people I've thought were really cool. There's this one guy I met on here who I'm hopefully going to visit when I get the money and he's like my closest "internet friend". :)

What Guys Said 4

• yes. only a few and not contact but still good people. I would be friends with these if geography and other conditions allowed for my part..

• Everybody who I generally talk to about meeting are always bullsh*tting so IDGAF anymore tbh.

• There are some good people on here. I talk to some of them off the site by text and email. I'd be open to meeting them and hanging out sometime and doing something fun.

• @update: I have no problem with people being "internet people". When I was in high school years over a decade ago when the internet was really in its infancy I stumbled upon a very small internet forum for people trying to learn how to code. I became close to people on their, became a moderator and worked as a team. With time the internet boom came our forum got bought up by some internet bubble company that screwed everything up, so all the moderators decided they wanted to start our own thing.

• I've never really had a problem with "internet people". We're just a big community of people that are scattered around the globe. We're no less real.

• We just happen to all use computers. No big deal. =P

• Yeah

never met in real life but

knowmeyourself is my favorite person