Do you think being able to block somebody is a good thing?

Personally I think that blocking is great and very necessary for this website and all other social networks and forums.

If someone is deliberately trying to grind your gears, I think it shows a great deal of personal strength to disable them from further contact with you, rather than feeling you must defend your honor and get into a petty slanging match with them.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Being blocked because someone doesn't like your opinion

In the heat of the moment, this might seem a little harsh. It might seem a bit like whitewashing.

Thing is, as much as you have a right to express your opinion, others have a right not to hear it if they choose. You can always find another venue for expressing your views where you'll be welcomed and safe to do so without being booted.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you block someone that automatically you should blocked by them too

What Girls Said 6

• I think its overall a good thing, even though I've never had to use it. Of course, there are people who overuse it and block anyone who doesn't agree with them (or so I've heard)

• I think it's good to an extent but like everything else it's been overused pretty much.

I've known of 2 users on here who were repeatedly stalked on here and harassed so the blocking feature helped but the user kept coming back with different accounts and messaging them etc

• I think blocking is wimpish

• Its a good thing.

• yep.

• I think it is..plus too many pervs lol

What Guys Said 9

• I think it is a good thing because there are people out there who like to spy, annoy, harass, and bully others online. Having the ability to block those people is a great tool to stop them.

• Yes. It's just annoying when an anonymous user blocks you. There are ways around it, but that doesn't make it less annoying.

• Ye it is good. Just a thought though, I have 450 fb friend and I have been blocked 0 time on fb and I have blocked 0 people. On here I got 22 blocked users on my list and have no idea how many people blocked me lol. So ye just goes to show what a diference anonymity and not actually knowing someone makes.

• It's lame when they block you for saying truth

• Yeah. But ridiculous how some have taken advantage of it and will block, block, block for absolutely no reason, and sometimes to even get the last word.

• blocking is excellent . people who start fights and arguments over a website and use lies as answers are pretty sad unno so its good to block.only problm is they still see you and stuff .

• Yes it is good...but some people block for stupid reasons,...don't agree with your answer, don't like your age, don't like your sexual preference...or...get their feelings hurt and then you cannot apologize or try to make it right with them...):

• It's the troll's worst enemy. Blocking anonymous is the cowardly troll's worst enemy. You'd be surprised at the amount of spineless responses that are reduced by those features.

• Neither good or bad, it just is. It's a tool and depends how it's used. I see it as weak when it's used to censor, but would see it as great if it meant no moderators were needed. That's basically how the old newsgroup internet used to work. You just blocked people's email if you wished but you couldn't prevent anyone from posting anything.