Do you get upset when you realize that users target and down vote your answers?

When you honestly and bluntly answer users questions,and then those users get upset by your responses,and then target and down vote your answers...how do you feel?

It's just that I have noticed people doing this to me even when I am giving a good opinion,or maybe even making the same point everyone else it.I think it's pathetic honestly.Its probably even a little pathetic that I am bringing any attention to this...just an observation I guess.Thank goodness downvotes don't Because your Xper level to decrease...Whew! Anyway,have a good day GAGgers! :)

I don't know who is downvoting everyone but it's not me. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the same way you do. I try not to pay too much attention to down votes.

I usually only use that button when somepone makes an offensive comment such as "f*** you!" but other than that even though I disagree with people, I always welcome their opinions and do not hit that button unless I feel it isnecessary.

I guess some people like it when you sugarcoat things and sort of hide the truth.

• Yeah,i find that some users just like to say exactly what the QA wants.I can't be that person though.

What Guys Said 9

• I almost always answer questions with truth and honesty. If I don't know the answer to a question, I skip it. Anyway, I do get down votes from time-to-time. Sometimes it's because someone is against my opinion, or belief, and sometimes I don't even know why I got down votes. It does not bother me that much because I know that I gave them my best answer, and if they or other people did not like it, then don't take it. Ignore it.

• Heh, why should I?

I think it's amusing. Especially downvotes without comments. It screams: "Touché!"

Many of my comments got plenty of downvotes because I'm always honest.

Though I do my best to be not offensive with my answers, but sometimes it's inevitable.

Still I get more upvotes than downvotes overall.

And even if someone may try to argue with me I don't indulge in it.

I made my point and take no sh*t from no-one.

• I haven't always liked what you've said... but that also hasn't stopped me from giving you best answer when I thought it was...

• I've noticed that.. and it fact it also surprised me.

• well, if your focused on it you will draw yourself towards it. that's not a simple statement either, its the same for anywhere, what your focusing on your gonna pull yourself towards. if you have people that hate on you cause they are immature, oh well. lol

• Lol so this guy Kain6th (a supposed "guru" on this site) took the time to go through ALL of my answers and vote them all down. I can't believe someone can be that pathetic. Also my answer to his question got the most agrreement votes (14) and he blocked me from answering responses to it...

man I can't believe how childish some people are sometimes. I'd be willing to bet a large amount of the people here don't know anything they are saying based off this one experience alone.

• oh and to put it in perspective, I got near 100 answers XD

• i don't care at all if you don't believe me. this is a relevent response to your question, which is about losers going out of their way to vote you down because they personally don't like you. I know it was him, he gave it away so why do you care what the discussion was or wasnt? your topic is simply about people voting you down for spite, which is pathetic.

• CALM DOWN. I'm almost beginning to see why he probably blcoked you. Being that YOU decided to shout him out specifically,i feel as though I can ask for a link.You didn't have to mention his name,you could have just shared that you had an experience with this.If you think my topic is pathetic,then you did not have to bother answering it.

And if my topic of down voted was so damn pathertic,then why are you even affected by it? You shouldn't care either about downvotes.But you do...so...bye.

• I have lots of people who dislike me on here so it's really no biggie to me anymore lol

• Only because I don't know who it is so therefore I can't mess with them for more downvotes.

• You know what will get a LOT of downvotes? If you were to post an answer either showing comfort with your sexuality, or saying something like "Sure, I like larger sized penises".

• Hahaha! I've actually seen this happen here too!

• As they say it's not always what you say it's how you say it. If you go around burning people and are tactless then you're going to rub a few people the wrong way. Maybe they are not mad at you, they just tend to disagree with you every time they read your stuff because of how you word it. Being blunt can come off looking mean, arrogant, vain, etc. People are bound to disagree with people that have these character traits.

• lol she downied everyone what a surprise.

• I haven't read your other answers, since you are anon so have to GUESS why.

Advice:

If you will be as sensitive to making comments/answers as you are now reacting to others downgrading them, you should be soon getting Best Answers instead of downgrades. I do agree that pandering answers to those that obviously just want a Yes Man answer is going too far in getting Best Answer!

• No, I don't give a sh*t. It's one thing if I put a crappy answer down, I can understand why people disagree with it.

Or a controversial one.

But the sort of people who reflexively downvote you because you're you? Those people are just sad. Hitting that down arrow is the only thing that brings some sort of universal balance to their otherwise sad lives.

Let them be.

What Girls Said 8

• I've noticed it happening to me but you'll find out that there's a lot more annoying things some users do on this site than just that to even worry about it lol.

• Yeah,its getting pretty ridiculous.I could answer a question like,"What color is the sky?" "Blue".And suddenly,i will go back and see that I have 2 downvotes.How silly,and just forr the sake of proving my point again,i just checked my answers and most of my most recent answers have down arrows.And nothing I was saying was offensive or anything.Its terribly silly and pathetic.But at least I know I'm not the only one this is happening to.I think he/she does it just to slightly annoy the individual

• The first feeling is, dang! The first thought is, so what, that's my opinion

• Actually I have been noticing that lately on my answers, one user likes to comment on thing saying I'm racist, but whatever! just have to remind yourself this is just a website.

• I personally could care less. I write what I honestly think and don't try to write what everyone wants to hear.

• I feel kind of bad... because you're just sharing your opinion, it shouldn't kill anyone.But I also know that everyone isn't going to agree with me, and sometimes everyone will. It still hurts a little though XD

• Not upset, but curious. I wish people commented when they disagreed with answers, it would make GAG-life more interesting.

• I don't give a sh*t!

• that's why I post anon 99% of the time! Because it's not like my everyday life doesn't have enough ish going on without stuff like this...I can give great advice as an anon just as much as if I'm posting under my name and with no stalkers or bs about it.

• Hmmmm...yes.Youre exactly right.Very good point indeed.Im sure if I started posting anonymously for everything those down votes will stop.Its a shame that I even have to resort to doing that though. :/