Should there be an "Edit post" function here on GaG?

Who thinks there should be, by every one of your posts, an "Edit post" button next to them? Just in case you catch a typo, or if you think a post needs a couple grammar fixes or re-wording... It would be nice, IMO. And I mean, why not have one? lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• I totally agree with you on that. I actually never have had that problem until tonight when I said can instead of can't and I had to post another comment to fix it which was stupid cause I could have just edited it. I really hope they add that function and on top of that they should take the block function out when someone is answering your question. If your gonna ask a question then have the balls to defend yourself instead of copping out with the block function.

• You mean the "don't allow anonymous" function?

• No. If someone asks a question and they don't like the answer then they make a comment on it and don't allow the answerer to comment back cause they block you. They don't have the balls to defend themselves so they just block you.

• Oh! Yeah that's pretty sucky... :/

• Considering I just read an answer I posted when I was half asleep, yes. I agree. If I can have one less facepalm moment per day, that would be wonderful.

• Yes!Yes!Yes! :)

• That would be nice...

• YES!

• Definitely

• Yes there should!

• Yea but I think that's what the update option is for IMO

• Nah, because if someone says something stupid, I want it to haunt them for the rest of their GAG life.

• Of course, later you can always go anonymous. But it really doesn't do anything about solving it. Just makes it so "someone" said something stupid. But you don't know who.

Not true for comments thuogh. Stupidty & Misspells don't get to be hidden.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, an edit button is needed badly. Perhaps the moderating crew if they see this, could you please consider forwarding this on to the site admins? Thanks as always!

• Yes, there should be. Sometimes I write too quickly or when am too tired and realize I posted something that makes no sense

• There was a site I was on that had a feature that meant you could edit it for fifteen minutes after posting, and then you couldn't. 'Cos like, people could pull sh*t like say something nasty, and then the QA says something back and they edit their post to something that sounds nice, and do that whole 'All I said was...' tactic. Massive Supressive, you know. But, that way, you could edit out typos and stuff, but you couldn't use it to your... Evil ends, ahaha. I'd like that.

• The only problem I could see is that older questions could be modified to be made inappropriate and moderators wouldn't catch it. Maybe if there was only a one hour window to edit?

• Good thinking, that's not a bad idea...

• I think an hour is too large of a windows I usually realize I've made a mistake right after I've posted. I think a ten minute windows is enough.

• *window* not windows...this is why we need the edit feature lol

• Yeah it needs a edit post button I'm shock we don't already have one on here some times you make small typos or feel like adding to a answer after you've thought a bout it a bit harder.

• The preview button seems enough tho, but Yea, why not ?