Have you or anyone you know actually put the advice they got on GAG to practice?

If so how was the experience? Was the advice useful? did it help your situation or just you in any way? if not why?

Also, please share what the advice was that worked for you. :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question. I'm here on GAG to give advice, not so much because I need it for a relationship. That being said, the best way to find out if your advice is working is to get with people on chat or send them a PM and ask them if it worked for them. I've had a lot of people put the advice I've given them into practice and real life and more often than not, it has worked for them. I've been able to learn a lot about my own relationships the more I've tried to coach others. It isn't anything specific, it is just the bulk of all that I've read on here. Good question!

What Girls Said 7

• yes I have. here's one example... link

• Yes I did and I got rejected by an old crush lol, at least I got it off my chest and could finally let go off the what if. The advice was great though and it got me my answer

• What was the advice?

• To just ignore the fact that I didn't know if he had a girlfriend and just tell him how I felt, there's much more detail to it but I'm too tired to explain

• Yes I have. It was about talking to a boy that a lost contact with. I used to talk to him on a daily basis then it just stopped. The advice was "approach and talk to him about how you see things" and I found out it was a misunderstanding lol we didn't talk to each other because we thought the other one didn't want to talk anymore. Everything things going better then ever in between me and him THX GAG. answr my ? to

• ive used advice from people I talk to, from gag. not from any posts per se.. tho I'm sure I've vaguely, used stuff from posts. whether as something I should try, or something I should avoid.

• What was the advice?

• hmm.. I guess to accept and respect the fact I have feelings, in practice- as apposed to theoretically. Subsequently to _do_ something about what I was feeling.

• No but I am sorry I didn't take the advice because it was right after all.

• Want to share what it was?

• I was in an interracial relationship that wasn't going to work because of his views on dating but because of my stubbornness I didn't take the great advice to move on and wounded up getting hurt.

• I have. Only time will tell whether it worked for me. So far, so good!

• What was the advice?

• I take that back - had to give the guy the boot today. The advice was to give him a second chance after he called to reschedule our first date the morning of claiming to be sick. I went out with him after that, but he been flaky most of the time. Hope this helps someone out there! :)

• yes I have...it was good advice.

What Guys Said 10

• I've used advice (or more accurately, suggestions) from chats.

Some have done zilch, some have actually helped. They were all reasonable (the ones I tried).

• allll the time. There are two people on here I message for help and one former member I email. They are very helpful

• I have. I did exactly what she suggested I do and that problem is no longer an issue. The only drawback is that I'm no longer friends with this person. But I've been given advice, and I've given it. I've taken some to heart, and sometimes I haven't. Whether or not anyone has used any piece of advice I've given to them, I'm not sure.

• What was the best advice you got?

• 'Stop worrying and start living.' Sound advice. I should have realized that, however. Just had to much going on at one time. Now it's more one-on-one than not. Thank god.

• just curious Kain, what's with all the cats

• all the advice I've been given I already knew before I came to GAG

• Yea. It got me put in jail.

So yea. Thanks for that GAG.

• I doubt I have, but in any case I'm sure things turned out alright.

• Well... I got the advice, but I don't have the gut to do it. :s

• Never got any good advice on gag personally, only given it.

• A while back I asked about what to do when hooking up with a girl while concealing and carrying a weapon; mainly, asking if I should try to hide it somewhere (hooking up at her place) before getting undressed, or if I should tell her right before.

I told her right before, during the heavy kissing, and it worked out just fine.