How important are Xper points to you when looking at someone's answer to your question on GAG?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care about XP levels... heck they could put me down to 0 and I wouldn't care. I only like them because it allows me to claim amazon vouchers :P. I don't consider XP level as something to consider when I view someones answer either, it doesn't really make sense why I would?

What Guys Said 8

• It's not important. We all start with nothing. Just because one person answers a lot of questions does not make them good advisers. It's about the quality not the quantity.

• I used to kinda look at it, but it seems to me that the people that are level one or 2 actually give the best answers because they are still new to the site and haven't gotten bored with trying yet haha

But a good answer is a good answer no matter what

• Not at all. It's the content of the answer that matters.

• Not at all...I have never used any of my Xpers and who knows? maybe never will?..have even offered to give them away...(:

• Not that important, There's good users here with low Xper.

• Not too important. If it was, I'd dismiss all Anonymous answers out of hand. And I'd never do that.

• 16 year old moderator might delete this

• does it really matter how many points someone has? you get points for asking/answering a question regardless if it pertains to the subject of the question. people could go to every question and just put "a" or something down and gets points like that, it wouldn't take that long to amass quite a few points that way. and if the person is anonymous then you can't tell how many points they have...

What Girls Said 10

• Not at all important.

Lots of points doesn't mean good advice in all cases - it just means frequent use.

• Not very important. there are good users with few xpers and bad ones who are gurus (not me though). what counts more is the mentality they have and how they answered the question

• Not at all. Every question is different. Just because someone's answered 48484838 questions, that doesn't mean they're gonna give me better advice than someone who just signed up.

• doesn't matter. there are some people who give great advice with newer profiles,we were all noobs at some point. I'm a guru and I wouldn't trust myself.

• not important.. honestly I never notice them hah... it all has to do with the answer and the detail in it.. if I like the answer I might then notice the xper.. but it doesn't have any affect on who I choose as the BA.

• Not at all. Xper is just experience. Who knows they could be a professional troll racking up points. I am not impressed.

• It's not important at all.. They could give better advice than someone with higher Xper points. I rarely ever pay attention to them..

• What matters to me is the answer, not the Xper points.

• Important. Although like someone else said,some noobs give great advice:-)

• i don't normally notice them, but I guess more points would in theory add to their credibility