Why do most GAG users always insult someone when they are asking a question?

Hi I would like to know why do certain gag users always insult someone feelings on how they look in the picture? I been insulted when people called me ugly a few times and I am getting annoyed by it,have any of you been insulted with these names and is there a reason why for people to be doing this it suppose a site to answer questions and such not insults.

Most Helpful Girl

• i felt the same last week, I got bashed in one question I asked. really got me down. but then I realized its the internet and people are gonna say what they wanna say, and it doesn't reflect reality, there's a lot of people who hide behind their computer screens and say things as if they have super powers and are perfect beings themselves. they have insecurities and flaws too. there's a whole world out there, and not everyones gonna like you, but there are gonna be tons of people who will. we can't please everyone, we just have to accept ourselves, be proud of who we are and rock it. because its our life to live not theirs. =]

What Girls Said 10

• Because those people are really sad with their lives and insecure so they sit behind a computer and call other people names who don't deserve it. Seriously, don't let it get to you. Just report/block them and continue on with your life. Don't give them the satisfaction by allowing them to hurt your feelings. They're just pathetic trolls with no lives.

• don't worry about it. At least you have the balls to post you're actual picture. It makes them feel bigger to insult you. But I like that you still post you're picture. It's like your saying "look, I don't give a sh*t what you think about me. I know I'm a good person." I love the color of you're eyes by the way :)

• thank you :)

• your welcome :)

• yah takes so much balls for those people to insult you behind their keyboard, they must be real tough ppl... not passive aggressive venting out their issues or nething like that xD

• I don't think you are ugly. Some people are just evil.

I get a butt load of jerks too who think just because I'm 32 I should know or experience certain things already. Well, duh! That's why I'm on this site, cause I don't know certain things. I guess we just got to keep trying.

• As a matter of fact, you remind me of one of my best friends from high school, and I started to like him as more than a friend. But I didn't want to ruin our friendship so I kept it to myself.

I told him years later when we reconnected on Facebook.

• Because they've got issues of their own so they have to feel big about themselves by insulting someone else.

I was insulted once..but later found out I wasn't the only one he insulted. TROLL!

• They just tell you their opinion on you and they don't care about your feelings because you can't do anything to them.

• When an opinion is not asked for I don't think it should be given in a negative way directly that's rude

• @Apath4, yeah agreed. Most people don't care about that though.

• or just realize they are trying to bring you down without even knowing anything about you.. which makes them losers.

• it is mean, but if I were you I'd take my pic down

• I think it's good that he doesn't ...if he takes it down it's like backing down and letting them win with there bull and rude comments.

• that was cold. ;)

• They might be jealous or enjoying putting people down. One thing is sure: they are in fact very sad people and most likely very envious of others.

You're just fine, I hope this stopped happening to you.

• They're being frank. What's wrong with someone being honest.. It's only an insult, if you take it as one or try to see what you can improve on to look better.

Besides, the QA who ask questions about looks, is asking for non sugar coated answers.

• Tough cookie.

• no its a cowards way to insult people behind the safety of your computer. its easy to say mean sh*t online, and most the time its venting out their miserable lives instead of dealing with their problems. pathetic in every way

• internet hate machine: how does it work?

• Don't sweat the small stuff dude. They are just trolling you. It is obvious that they have nothing but time on their hands to waste

• I've had people say mean things and down vote me when I've only expressed my opinion on something. It's crazy. Not everyone thinks the same or has had the same experiences.

There's a few that do it ALL THE TIME! ANNOYING!

• dang that sucks and your right everyone should have the right to have there own opinions

• Completely! Some people are just so close-minded it is extremely annoying! I just posted a question about that in "behavior" if you wanna talk about it...

What Guys Said 7

• You're putting your picture online for everyone to see, you should expect the worst.

That being said, it's still mean and harsh for them to say such hurtful words. Ignore them, they are the ones who have nothing better to do than to put people down.

• i could tell they do I am figuring they are afraid to say it to someone in person and have you gotten any insults like that

• That's true, it's way easier to say things online than in your face.

And no I haven't, people seem to like the bear though. I think he's chill.

• that's good that no one have said anything and that's a good start which means more good will come the way

• I think it is because people can feel like they are all mighty when they are behind a computer, no knows who they are so they can be mean to others. It gives them a sense of power.

• word of advice, don't personalize internet accounts too much, there's always losers who want to put you down because they are wimpy nerds who like to talk sh*t on their computer all day. its just not worth the headache, these idiots don't know you nor do they ever socialize at all. they just sit on their computer and judge people because they are bitter and alone

• Haters gonna hate.

• Sometimes these things happen and the trolling must commence.

• I'm saying this because I hope you find it helpful, not because I'm trying to be negative. I don't date men, but...

- Your picture makes you look really pale, even a little bit of sunshine should help

- Grow your hair out, seriously. A short haircut on a pale face looks like you are a bit geeky, even if you aren't.

- You aren't smiling. It makes you look upset or angry.

When you add all of the factors above, I don't think it is a very good picture of you. I think you're capable of looking better, even though it gives people no excuse to start throwing around terms like "ugly". I hope that if you find my advice useful, that you will take more pictures that are photogenic to you and hopefully increase your success in the dating world, as looks do matter and we should always try to look our best. I think you have more to work with than others are giving you credit for, but you might want to consider the steps I suggested above.

• u sound like a woman

• what on earth is wrong with advice?

• hes not asking for advice on his looks you retard. telling people what they should do when they didn't ask you makes you a douche, never heard of this? its called common sense

• I haven't seen that much, or they're getting deleted. I've gotten more private messages like that.