Why is GAG so remove-happy lately?

I get "submission removed" emails DAILY. D A I L Y. And I don't even troll that much.

They just told me that they removed my question cause it wasn't posted in the Reality Check Section.

Ummmmm, you can't post questions in the Reality Check section?!

I just getting tired of this. Seriously. Might even stop coming on here if I can't even ask a question without it getting removed.

I asked a poll question and I DID use the search function before-hand and it's not my f***in fault the search function is so sh*tty. And then it got removed cause it's a "commonly asked question." I was pissed

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, but it's getting stupid

and this site has got really boring lately

What Guys Said 10

• b/c its so corrupt...this site used to help SO many people out...now if you ask ANYTHING regarding your looks, which looks better, who looks better, this or that, race, religion, basically ANYTHING that coudl POSSIBLY affend ANYONE, which TBH is EVERYTHING then they remove it...

the site has become very wack lately and I haven't stopped using it so often for that reason...when they remove it they don't even give you a reason as to why...other that in "broke" the guidelines...

i know plenty of people who have left due to this issue...

ps - don't be surprised if/when this gets removed...

• People who post questions asking if they look hot, will get removed, because that sort of thing should be dealt with by creating a Reality Check.

The emails you get, about question removal, are generic and not tailored to your specific question removal. So the generic standard text will not necessarily make sense. That's what happens when you have an automatic notification system.

As for the poll question which is a commonly asked question, I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Admin knows their search function sucks. People have suggested in the past that they post a list of questions which will no longer be allowed on the board, somewhere the users can see it. But they don't do this. The only examples I know of off hand, are penis size questions (yay, they are no longer allowed) and questions asking how you came to GAG.

• i don't think reality checks works OK, no one goes there.

• I happen to agree with you. I think Admin should open a section for these hot-or-not questions, similar to how they opened one for Health recently, and shut down Reality Check.

But it's their choice, because it's their website.

• or the easier thing to do would be to simply don't remove those kind of questions. I don't think we need a new section, that can easily be categorised as "Other"

• same here! I guess we're just too real. that's the only logical explanation.

long time no talk friend.

• the last time I got a question removed was in Oct, but I did get 4 questions removed because I didn't have enough info

• I must be loved by the GAG admins. I'm sarcastic and trolling a good chunk of my time on here anymore, and don't get emails from them too often. I've also never had warnings or anything like that...I feel kind of left out now that I think about it :(

• If you post questions that have to do with "how do I look" they will get removed.

• i comentent "thats me in red briefs" and I posted a link with picture of stewie griffin in briefs, and the comment got deleted -.-

• My questions get removed too... :(

• Welcome to my world, The Nazi's are beating down on you now.

• Because EVERYTHING is a troll on GAG these days. You have moderators who aren't even old enough to drive automobiles "moderating" on this site with their infinite wisdom. Everything gets reported. Everything. If you post a question in the wrong category, it's removed. If you post a question regarding: religion, the Obama Administration, anything involving the black or whiteThere race, it's getting removed. There can be no mature discussions about anything because there are always personal attacks on people for their opinions and beliefs.

• Oh PS- I'll be a "coward" and not taken seriously because I posted this anonymously.

• this post rules...

What Girls Said 4

• Because they want to look cool.

Or maybe because they're on drugs.

Or maybe they don't like you.

Or maybe they're delete happy.

*shrugs*

• Ughh the sames been happening to me, it's so annoying

• Pretty much you have to ask the question in the evening and stay up for a while and get some answers. They seem to just remove them in the morning

• Because GAG gave power to average, every day people and they're power hungry. It's ridiculous. They think they're special because now they're moderators. Watch this get removed! :P