Did anyone else notice you can't see the number of views on GaG anymore?

On GAG the questions asked no longer show you the number of times its been viewed. awwww... :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I remember one of my oldest questions ever drew like 3,000+ views (I checked about a year ago before they hid the views).

The reason for that was because it managed to be a top google search result. From a business perspective, if you managed to create that much traffic for any website, that service is worth moolah. When views are hidden, that completely rules out an obligation for reward. It has to do with money.

Of course it may have to do with protecting users, which makes no sense. Youtube videos show views, likes, etc. Why can't these questions do the same?

• They'll SAY it has to do with protection, but you are right on the money. I mean think how perfect of a business this is, your users create the product!

Then, after like 4000 points of activity, you hand out 20 bucks, which probably earned them 200 in ad revenue.

• Exactly, torken. That's why I laugh at the people who believe that gift cards are great incentives to post on this site. They are merely pennies returned for the dollars you've earned them. But I guess we should be happy getting anything back at all. 3000 Xper points isn't much.

Oh wait...

What Guys Said 8

• Huh.

What possible reason could they have for spending time removing a harmless function instead of doing useful things and making it so that people that block you can't answer your questions?

• Yeah, a long time ago.

It's like one of those slowpoke memes.

"Hey guys, I heard that apple guy is dead. RIP... Isaac Newton."

LOL

• -.- wow very fast reaction

• Duh...your so late if your now noticing this.

• very late and SURPRISE I was the stalker on your last question...just like your stalking me now... -__-

• I don't need stalk you, I just answered the question for the points.

• ok.

• Yup I have.

• You're like Dan Rather with the instant news updates, keep working your news sources Sparky.

• thx :P

• your probably on my friends list XD

• I have no one on my friend list, I even deleted the gag guy they give you when you start.

• yeah, like 5 months ago...

• Kinda useless information. I don't really need to know how popular a question is...just as long as I'm answering it

What Girls Said 2

• This is all I have to say about that...

link

• Yeah, but answers are more important.