How long did it take you to reach Guru Level on GaG?

How long did it take you to reach Guru level, and do you feel rewarded and honored with the title.

I have been slaving over a stove of questions and answers for the past 9 months and have realized that achieving that level is HARD AS HELL.

I'm most definitely certain that I will never reach that rank, but am interested in knowing about you mystical beings of love and greatness.

I think I'm just going to stop spamming retarded answers once I reach 3k and donate to the water charity thing.

Yeah so...

1) How long did it take.

2) Do you feel rewarded/honored with the title

3)Do you feel as if your answers should be considered more since you have such a title?

* And for the people who are noobies like me, when do you think you will achieve the rank of guru at the rate you're going?*

OH and also for number 3), What I meant was "Do you feel your answer should be considered and respected more than the lower level gag users, due to you having more experience answering questions and such".

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm that awesome! :P jk

1) I don't know it took like a year. Best answers helped. Checking into meebo helps add xper points( though I never did).

Right now you can earn up to 300 xper points by doing the Amazon gift card contest.

Go to the "xper points" section and see what you can do to earn more points.

2) do I feel rewarded? I do when I get through to someone. Other times just passing time and having some fun with friends.

3) not necessarily. Only when they have substance. Some write a wall of text with little substance while others nutshelL with wisdom.

In short it is the person behind the title that counts. Not the title.

Btw of course you will earn that title. It just a matter of time.

What Girls Said 7

• I have no idea when I reached "Guru" but I would imagine it took a year or two lol. It's not all that special, the people who have that title aren't actually gurus or experts, I just had a lot of time to kill while I was putting off doing homework in college.

• its not hard. just answer a lot of questions. your almost there

1. I've been a member since October

2. don't really care. would be cool if they gave bonus xper points tho

3. my answers are the same quality regardless of me being a guru or not.

• It took close to four months of seriously trying I think, but I had some points before because I had been here for a couple years. I don't feel rewarded/honored, but I don't really want to be. I have a lot of points because I have no life sometimes. lol My number of Xper points does not reflect my knowledge or quality of advice. I've just answered a lot of questions.

• I don't plan to ever reach that level...

• About 4 months when I looked into it but intotal id say 9 months since I took a break for a couple of months

• Took me like 6 months

• A couple of months not too long try to log in every day

What Guys Said 3

• 1) A couple years. I just received it yesterday, but I haven't been on this site daily for a while.

2) Sure, it shows that I've been contributing for a while.

3) I feel that my answers should be considered because I put forth solid advice that I back up with plenty of links, rational arguments and tons of personal experience.

• I found this site when I was 7.

• Not that hard really

• 1. about 3 years

2. nope don't care

3. no.

• I don't know man. Seems like it takes some perseverance. Something I don't really have.