Should we give tests of grammar on GaG before posting questions?

Should we test members of gag before they are permitted to post any questions on gag? (is every single high school drop out on gag?)

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, because I judge peoples Intelligence and worth as human beings primarily by their ability to correctly punctuate a sentence on an informal web forum.

• No we shouldn't. Not everyone is entitled to learn English, not to mention that this site is international so a vast range of people are non-English speakers. It's wrong to expect the whole world to speak perfect English.. and bare in mind that governments all around the world fail to deliver basic English in schools, and that includes the country I live in. It's not people's fault you know, it's just a language, get over yourself..

• I'm just gonna guess and say that you took this question a bit too seriously?

• Yeah I encountered a ton of these .. there are also " they're-their" , "then-than", "would have-would of" .. those are the most annoying! .. Writing " would of" instead of "would have" kills me the most though :D

• me two lol

• No but I think we should give the pretentious test to the grammar police on this site instead.

Your pet peeves are your problem, not everyone else's.

• the question was mostly in jest even though a lot of people agreed with me.

• I get what you mean, but I don't know if we should lol

• Lol I seriously know what you mean. LOL

• Lol do you really though? LOL

• sometimes it just really pisses me off. I read an answer that had such horrible spelling then someone commented on it with really bad grammar. I usually can deal with it but I guess my patience from not smoking is getting to me grrrrrr!

• The people who down voted me obviously use bad grammar

• And of course your question will be removed. For being offensive lmao

• ALTHOUGH it is soooooooooo true

• idk they remove everything else that involves them and there users even if its true lol

• omg its still here I'm surprised lol

• Sometimes I think we should but no.

• there's a lot of international (non USA) people on this site too, so not everyone will be perfect in English.

• it should be

"There are" a lot of international...

• You must be joking. So you're saying that you meant to say 'there is a lot of international person on this site too'?

• No. I used the word people. People is a singular noun, therefore you would use "there is" rather then there "are."

link

link

What Guys Said 5

• No liek I Don't think tht wuld be a gd Idea.

• Stay in school kids. That's all I have to say.

• I think the idiots are the target audience though, it would be a terrible business move, just slightly better than linking copyrighted material.

• is every single high school drop out on gag?

Yes. EVERY single one is on here.

• I think we should be allowed to stone them to death-ooooops they are already stoned

• Try stone them to death, it's physically impossible. Unless you mean actual stones then please don't do that.

• Grammar nazis can lick my nuts.