How involved are you on GaG?

Do you care for best answers at all and what about the up/downvotes?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like earning best answers if the question asker really thought my question was the best. It also shows me that they care enough to come back and vote, after reading all the responses.

I honestly don't care about up or down votes. My views are what they are, even though I get more up votes than down votes a majority of the time. A majority of people agree with the advice I give and sometimes when I take an unpopular viewpoint, I'm not going to back down to spare someone's feelings. It is far more important to me that I actually furnish them with advice which will help them in the real world, not some online popularity contest that doesn't really mean anything in the end.

What Girls Said 2

• If I get a down vote I'll check and make sure, in my opinion, if it was fair. Sometimes it is :P

If I get an up vote it kind of inspires me to strive for better answers. I like getting best answers because those little roses do make you feel better :)

• I really appreciate when someone give me best answer. I know that my advice is helpful and it helps me learn!

follow me on twitter

link

What Guys Said 4

• Best Answers are always appreciated especially if they helped the QA or are well thought out answers. I couldn't care less about up/down votes. If a feel a certain way about a topic, I will say it like it is.

• I like getting Best Answer. It's good knowing my advice is appreciated. I appreciate upvotes and don't really care about downvotes.

• I don't really care if I get the "Best Answer" reward, but I do have an interest in what kind of thoughts, and answers GAG users tend to like (vote up), and dislike (vote down).

• I care enough for BA's if/when I can get the, not so much for upvote/downvotes. I'm just not as active with it as I used to be.