Why do you restrict anonymous answers?

What make you decide you don't want anonymous answers? Trolling possibly? if so does *internet* trolling really bother you that much? Are you a person that has difficulty overlooking ignorance? Does trolling in fact ever make you laugh?

Whats your outlook?

The purpose of this question is to outline the state we are in as humans. Nowadays laws are created for very simple reasons! What happen to the days when humans had to transgress over obsticles and not run away from them. Would you frequent this site less if there was no block feature? The thing for these times is bullying. What happen to the times that part of the growing up process was learning how to deal with bullies. I remember getting bullied but it make me a tougher person

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of very cowardly people who like to act all big, bad and tough on the internet where there's a screen to hide behind. So they abuse the unique, wonderful privilege to be anonymous. They'll be rude, nasty, or disrespectful giving unhelpful answers that have no worth at all. I find it interesting though how when anonymous answers are blocked, those bastards tend to disappear. They don't show themselves when they have to reveal their username. So that's why I choose to block anonymous users sometimes.

I think "Internet trolling" is very lame and internet trolls need to go get a damn social life already

• but you can't just ignore it? I'm not disagreeing they don't show themselves but if they did what are you going to do? Fly to there neighborhood and beat them up? Argue over the internet? Or cowardly block them? Do you ever troll? Its funny sometimes.

Hint: Its most funny when a person gets a big reaction. You don't react than trolls wouldn't do it because its just boring at that point

• wow, you're seriously that desperate for the last word?

• Are you that 'mature' to keep coming to my question?

What Girls Said 8

• Trolling or because I don't think the question is 'sensitive' enough for people to feel they have to go anon.

• Because some anonymous users are punks, they shouldn't have a problem with people knowing who they are.

• Why do you care to know who they are? just curious? I mean if you did know who they were what would that change?

What? you would cowardly block them?

• I'd say it not about knowing the whole site knows your "identity" (which is made up) that cause people to use the anonymous feature but more about the block feature. If there was no block feature. For trolls it would be no fun if the entire site had you blocked right? That's the real thing. But really that's not what I was investigating in totality. I was investigating the why we as humans are becoming so thin-skinned.

Ever heard of someone being offended for something completely stupid?

• it only offends me when people are so stupid :P

• Either I don't want any comments from racist cowards

Or

I don't want any comments from coward haters

• I don't. I don't care about trolls.

• I don't, but maybe I should try it out.

• people have a hatred towards anonymous people on this site

• There are morons who don't go anonymous, so I don't quite get people. I would have no reason to not allow anonymous answers because I'm not bothered by them. It's the internet! Who cares what people say sometimes, right? Whether the answers are stupid or not, they're there. If I don't agree with them I can just ignore them. Simple.

• I never thought of this before until someone asked an extremely personal question and she wouldn't allow anonymous answers yet she was asking anonymously herself. I thought it was odd. I had to go anonymous for this one because I love the irony. :P

What Guys Said 5

• i don't care if anons answer my questions or not, or troll for that matter. I have no problem with giving a best answer to anon either if they deserve it.

• I usually don't. If someone feels more comfortable answering anonymously, I'm okay with it. I've only blocked anonymous users once.

• Anonymous or not I see no difference.

If I'm a coward for blocking them, then they are cowards for being afraid of being blocked. It's not that I'll go find them, it's just incredibly annoying. Especially if that anonymous user has blocked you.

If they don't like being blocked they shouldn't say stupid sh*t.

• why would a person be afraid of being blocked? Secondly you don't have the capabilities to overlook it? I mean really

• It's true. They don't want you to know who they are so you can't block them so they can continue to anonymously harrass you. Been there.

• Sometimes, people would rather not have to deal with the afflicted (read: the morons).

• i don't but I should.