GaG "friends" - what is that all about?

I have been a member for a while and got a bunch of friend requests, all from girls, none from guys.

I don't initiate any contact with them because I have no clue who they are and they don't initiate contact with me either. What is the meaning of this?

I actually asked one why she added me as a friend. She had liked something I wrote. So what? I still don't get this "friend" thing if you aren't looking for a chat-buddy or use this site as a dating site (which I assume you are not as you do not start any chats with me).

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of the friend requests I get are to get follow-up on previous advice I've given out. A majority of the friend requests are girls, sometimes all they want is to chat and shoot the breeze. Other times, they just ask for further advice.

What Girls Said 1

• lol I never send friend request because I simply don't care to be your friend. Although if someone tries to talk to me I'll reply and all, but I simply don't see what anyone would want to talk to me about.

What Guys Said 3

• What you speak of is perhaps the most enduring beauty of the GAG site. You can have hundreds of friends without ever having to be one.

• Excellent point, and exactly what I think.

• Yeah, I'll never, ever understand that. I've made some really good friends on here, but like... I TALK to them. There are some people I add and end up not talking to, by whatever the circumstance was, but I find it hard to believe everyone has that situation en masse. I really don't get it