Are GaG adverts politically incorrect?

When I sign on to Girls Ask Guys to give and receive advice I am bombarded with all these "Christian Single" adverts and I can honestly say I am offended! I am an atheist and I am very proud of my lack of faith. I am so annoyed, sickened, and offended by these adverts promoting and pushing their beliefs on me.

I feel everyone should believe what they want, but they should do so in private. Not on a public forum where everyone can see! I don't see and "atheist mingle" adverts. If there were some maybe I wouldn't have a problem with the Christian one's as well.

I also don't like the Black people meet. com site adverts, but that's not as bad as the Christian ones since I'm black.

Most Helpful Guy

• God bless you

What Guys Said 7

• Stop it before I have to call the waaaaaambulance.

• Wait, so you're saying people shouldn't believe in public? What about billboards for churches? What about preachers on the street? What about people on the sidewalk wearing yamakas?

• I disagree with that too.

• Well, I guess you should petition your representatives to repeal the first amendment.

• It's who sponsors them. I don't think it has to do with politics. It's about money.

• No, their ads run through ad networks, primarily Adsense. They don't have a choice on the advertisements. Adsense is run by Google and they target the ad based on contextual targeting. It means it looks for words and when it finds "dating" "break up" "how to meet guys" it shows you dating sites because its relative to the site.

• This is not a public forum though it is run by people who have the right to allow or not allow what ever advertisements they want.

• Heh Heh...Who Gives A Ripe F***? Message them and tell 'em you are currently sacrificing a goat in your back yard...snore...

• you seem to be the only one complaining.

• You clearly don't really believe that everyone should believe what they want in private. You just expressed what you believe publicly. Is it Christianity in general you don't like or religion?

What Girls Said 7

• Thanks for the feedback - sorry to hear the ads don't apply to your lifestyle, but perhaps one or two will. These ads are not meant to "preach" - rather, they are reaching out to those who may benefit from their services. If they don't, we suggest simply ignoring them. ;)

You can redeem 1000 Xper points to disable all advertisements for 30 days! Also, once you reach Xper Level 9, you no longer see ads! :)

• I never knew about the lvel 9 thing. Thanks for the heads up!

• U have no reason to be offended. the fact that Christian people want to date each other or black people want to date each other and have dating sites for that bothers u? either your a troll or you really need a hobby. nothing is stopping anyone from making atheist mingle ads and nobody is forcing anyone to be christians or join those sites.

• Its just an ad. I'm sure these Christian places help fund the website. Don't think too much into it. Its just business.

• i just don't like the ads in general. I get all the 'Muslim dating' ads for some reason. not really bothered though. at least I know if I ever turn Muslim, lesbian, and desperate, I've still got options (y)

• I clicked on this and the ad next to it was for becoming a pastor. Oh, the irony!

• No offense, but when an atheist singles meet site pays for advertisement then let's talk, lol

• Just get over it or use Firefox and AdBlock to block ads.

• I will not just get over it. It's unfair and offensive!

• They're offensive to me.

• Too bad