Has this ever happened to you on GAG?

I've added people as my friends on gag mostly because they have given good advice in the past...i don't think any of my friends know that this site exists... But today I noticed that I had a few "friends" online and instead of posting a question I decided to ask. two of them signed out of the chat when I asked if I could get their opinion...i haven't even said what my problem is yet. Has this ever happened to you before?

• Yes....all the time
  • Yes...sometimes that happens
  • No...that has never happened to me
  • Uh....dats what you get for randomly adding ppl
i hardly ever use meebo so that's why I ask but it seems to be happening a lot today though so I won't take it personally. in fact right now meebo says "reconnecting in 23 hours"...lol

Most Helpful Guy

• If I've been using my computer for a while with lots of windows open (I'm a hardcore power user with dozens of things running at once), then Meebo likes to crash a lot, and sometimes I won't get messages, or can't send them (they keep failing and prompting me to "resend"), and usually I have to completely reboot in order to fix it. So it could be technical problems and not people being rude.

I have people chatting with me frequently, but occasionally I get interrupted and don't get right back to the computer, or Meebo crashes, so sometimes we just have to continue the next time.

What Guys Said 6

• I've never notice it happen. But I generally assume real life > chat. I've got kids, a job, etc. I vanish from online. I try to warn people if I'm having a conversation, but its reality for all of us. Don't take it personally.

• I think 3-4 girls asked me always question, and one of them was so funny ;) she starts with saying me hi how are you, and I respond: I know you're gonna ask something do it do it ;)

• Hasn't happened to me. That's rude. I try and answer people in the chat, but sometimes I'm not actually on as I'll leave the browser and site up at home :P so if it's ever me, better to send a message.

• For me it really depends on the browser I use. My firefox doesn't display meebo, I have to use opera if I want the chat module.

Anyway, out of the 15 people who added me as a friend, I never talked to 13 so...

• Once, maybe twice. They didn't see it or meebo was wreaking havoc as usual. But I for one don't care to use it anymore.

• They probably don't use meebo. Just because it's there, doesn't' mean you have to use it, right?

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes meebo f***s up and the messages aren't sent (this happens to me, people message me and I don't receive it) so they might not know you have sent something.. or it can be that right when you sent the message they logged off (like it can be coincidental) and it's nothing personal.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they don't want to answer you, but I'm not saying it's not possible that they don't want to answer you lol.

• Maybe they signed out because you took too long to ask or they were busy.

• i do it to people all the time because it's annoying when I just come on the site to check things or answer a few questions real quick and people start wanting me to answer their questions on meebo

• No, this has not happened to me. I can see how they might sign out though if they are busy. I automatically get signed on to chat and I'm often busy even though it says I'm available.