How has being a member of GAG effected you?

For those of us that come here everyday, or a lot lol, how has this place rubbed off on you? I think its a good place to chat to people from different places, and get an insight on certain aspects of cultures and the way people view things. At times I think this place is kinda shallow and unrealistic, but for the most part I don't mind it all that much. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 30

• yeah, I think it just showed me how shallow and unrealistic people are lol.

other than that, I started doing crack and heroine. want some!?

• It gave me the nerve and advice to finally ask out the guy I've been crushing on.

• Since joining GAG I have learned to be more open minded, expressive and to be less offended when people don't agree with me. I used to get very irritated when people can't see my view point but then I realized how diverse people are and that it really doesn't matter what people think. You cannot force something on anyone. This has helped me in real life too I have also gained knowledge from people sharing their advice and I've often even stumbled upon new philosophies and things that made me thing. Love this place <3

Oh and I cannot forget the couple of awesome friends I have made on here that have supported me and helped me through tough times with encouraging words.

• I have found that if I talk about sexually explicit stuff on the sexuality page lots of lovely gentlemen will want to be my " friend" !

Who knew that making new "friends" could be so easy ? !

• its my secret weapon of knowing all in terms of guys and relationships so my franz can be like "wow you are so wise" and I say its natural ability.

• I get to talk to a couple of people, some are nice & easy to talk to & others are very complicated & very unreasonable but ehh whatever. It's a pretty cool experience to get on a website & explore questions & ask questions. I'm still the same, it hasn't changed me.

• This has definitely helped me. I ask questions about my past relationships, friends, and anything of that nature. Guys and girls have helped, so I'm pretty satisfied with this site.

• I like it. Sometimes it's depressing because people have so many problems and sometimes you just want to shake them and be like, snap out of it. Other time, it's cool because you get to ask whatever you want to without the fear of being judged, which is why I like the anonymous function. I think more people should use this site but I'm happy that they don't.

• It has given me more knowledge to know I am stupid.

• I've learned a lot about myself, other people, and dating situations in general.

Why do you think this place is shallow and unrealistic?

• The site hasn't changed me but I go on all the time lol

• It has given me a different approach and given me more knowledge about guys...

• ummm. Not a whole lot. Just a place to come when I feel like wasting time. Which I'm really good at. Also I learned a lot about guys and how they think.

I learned that I'm really the only one who can help myself if I have an issue. Cause I'm the only one who knows the situation best. GAG is great for getting support though if you need it.

• It hasn't.

• It's like my face book sense I don't have one and iv met some pretty chill people and gotten and gave advice when approite

• It has been a great experience for me. I've learned so much and used a lot of advice in every day life that has helped. I've come to a lot of realizations and met some great people on here. It's amazing how much you can learn!

• I used to come here more but then I got a random message from a guy on here telling me that I should get a nose job...it was completely random and unsolicited. It made me feel self conscious so I stopped for a while.

• How did it effect me? lol Guys talk to me all the time lol. Its not a bad thing though ;D The site in overall helped me understand more and I also like to help people with their relationship and other problems.

• It hasn't affect me at all.

It is not different from any other site.

• It has taught me that I'm an A-hole magnet!

• I feel more insecure about my body than I did before finding this site, I wish I never found it. So many standards.

• it made me realize guys and girls have the same insecurities so what's there to be afraid of?

• It's helpful to talk things out, but sometimes peolpe are wayy too judgmental. Instead of explaining something they go off on a rant. other than that it's nice to get opinions on something and see what people have to say. it can be very helpful when a hard decision must be made, but you have to be wary of people with extremely strong and judgmental opinions.

• ive definitely learned a lot, about myself, about other people, about sex, also that a lot of people are just like me and I'm not alone in certain situations. were all human.

ive made some few good friends here, mostly guys that I think are pretty cool! don't really get along with a lot of the girls here...its like estrogen clashing!

i don't know I've had good experiences and bad, I do also feel the whole shallow and unrealistic thing sometimes...sometimes people make silly certain trait about you a deal breaker, and I feel like in real life its never like that...

• I am a better person! Lol na jk umm..I see that we all have commen issues

• Doesn't effect me one bit but it's so entertaining. MOST of the time this place is shallow is and unrealistic. I find it very amusing.

• -I've formed some really solid friendships on here with people I wouldn't have ordinarily met.

-I've learned that some people genuinely want help and some people genuinely want to help others.

-But I've also learned that a lot of people use the internet to attack others and harass others. That sometimes we forget that there's another person on the other side of the screen.

All in all, GAG has been a very positive experience for me.

• it has replaced Facebook for me

• ive come to realize more and more that people are f***ing stupid chicken heads that will poke at everything, even when not necessary. oh, and that somehow men confuse women having "rape fantasies" of liking rape, and so many women and men on here could very well be rapists or are rape apologists lol.

• before I get here I was naive, and believed everyone always said the true... and now I don't !

What Guys Said 26

• When I first came here I was only marginally employed, had low self-esteem, and a cynical view of the world. After three years of GAG association, I still have low self-esteem and a cynical view of the world, but I'm now altogether homeless without hope of ever becoming a functioning member of society. Thanks everyone!

• This site has definitely PROVEN the "game playing" that happens when it comes to relations / relationships, and that males aren't as direct and straightforward as I originally thought.

Also, this site highlights how people let their emotions completely blow the fuse to their brain's functionality. People tend to do illogical things when their minds are shut down by emotion.

• It's been very helpful to me. When I first signed on, I was dealing with baggage from my last relationship, struggling with confidence, and largely clueless about flirting and dating. Now, I'm much better. I'm very grateful to all who have helped me :)

• I generally like it, it's an interesting concept, and I think back in it's earlier days when it first started out it was better, I'm not even sure when it started. I know back when I joined it felt different I'm pretty sure. Now it feels like there are a good bit of trolls on here. I still find interesting questions however, so it works out.

• Its gave me a great insight into women and how they tend to see situations and how simple things I've said or done have affected women in my life. Is given me a place to vent and a place to talk about the things I've never spoken to anyone else about without the fear of being ridiculed as in ridiculed by people I know and see every day as opposed to people I've never seen and aren't in my day to day life.

All in all its had a very positive affect on my life and I hope through my answers I've had a positive affect on the people that asked the questions.

• 0|1
  • It's been an interesting mixture...

I've met some really great, nice people on here who I chat with regularly. As far as message boards go - almost 90% of these contain information that I already knew existed; this site has (for the most part) only reinforced negative feelings.

There are some interesting topics though - and I must admit I've taken a different look at situations due to this site. It's kind of funny - this site either heightens my misogynistic behavior, or it makes me sympathize with women and their "troubles".

All in all, I've enjoyed the time spent on here, but if I really REALLY want good answers - I'll search for them in the real world and not through the internet.

• When I used to use it a lot about 2 years ago it made me realize how much different actual girls think compared to television and how much more serious sex is than television makes it out to be. Which probably in the long run me more mature than most of my peers. Now I just use it for fun lol

• it's entertaining. and I log on everyday just to to get xper points. other than it's just entertaining for the most part.

• Its effected me because I lost a bunch of hours on here making fractions of a penny.

• Learned a lot of things. Many lesson that I can apply to my life. Helped a lot of people and learned that this is one of the most caring and wise communities I have ever met . It's become a part of my life interact with these people.

• I've been here for three years originally and its been better than I expected, but as of late, it's just gotten old, despite being part of my everyday routine. I've had friends come and go, I've lost friends, I've grown, matured, anything and everything. But as for now, I'm either going to take a LONG break or retire.

• For one thing it has used up a lot of time where I'd be otherwise be doing mundane chores.

• When I use it I sleep less

• You get to see how crazy people are on here. This site is a bit entertaining

• it really hasn't changed me, but I am on it everyday though. But I meant a lot of nice friends

• It has reaffirmed most of the things I already thought about women.

• I love it. It's a great resource. Don't like the annoying ads though.

• It offers great insight. I now know more about girls, relationships, etc. And overall a better person.

• ia nic time pass answering questions after a hectic day

• Idk, I seem to be on this sh*t because I generally have nothing better to do.

• It's made me realize how abnormal I am for the most part... lol

• It's helped in some aspects but one time I took this guys advice and it ended up with me not getting a second date with this girl. Well that seems bad but if I got a second date with that girl, I probably wouldn't have met this different girl who I'm now close to a relationship with. She is perfect :) and I'm so glad I was able to meet her. So who knows, maybe that guy whose advice failed actually helped me out in the long run :P

• I've lost a little bit of faith in humanity, to be honest. This place has also made me realize just how widespread and intense negative sentiments towards America are. I mean, I understand if people dislike America's actions as a whole, but the way people seem to buy into even the most ridiculous stereotypes about the individual American is mind-blowing to me. It's fostered a certain amount of resentment towards other nations in me that exists on a deep level that I don't feel like I can control. That really saddens me, because I never felt that way at all before joining this site.

• I've learned that black people are actually pretty cool.

• Being a member of GAG has boosted my confidence tremendously because it has taught me that, despite my overall unsuccessful history with relationships, I have exactly what most women are looking for. It got me to start approaching women more and, while I have not had success in the way of anything serious yet, I've met with very few rejections (relatively speaking).