Your personal experiences on GAG?

I'm curious about your experiences here. I've been a member for a few years now and accumulated quite a bit of answers and questions. There are a few of my answers that I'm proud of and others that make me cringe. I also have a few that others disagreed with vehemently, and some answers that received a surprising amount of support.

How about you guys? Do you have a favorite answer? One you are less than proud of? What is the most agrees and disagrees you have received? Or is it just a point thing?

Inquiring minds want to know ...

Most Helpful Guy

• My earlier answers tended to be more helpful and informative (lol) than some of mine now, but I also kind of gave general answers that were mildly tailored to the situation. As time went on, I got more comfortable with just coming out and saying what I meant and it grew into what I am now.

I don't regret posting any answers, but some questions I wish I would've never got in the middle of because it just wasn't worth the trouble. I've dealt with plenty of people either not wanting to listen to anything other than what they wanted to hear, and some just going straight out against any sense whatsoever. One random example I remember was this guy asking what girls thought of his Toyota Celica. Being into cars, the playful response is to rag on people's car, call them slow, etc. Well this guy took it seriously, so I started hitting him with actual numbers about his car. Instead of making any kind of rational response, he simply played the "No you are!" bit. I told him what kind of power his car made from the factory after he said he would pull on me if we ran our cars. This guy apparently thought that if he just said "No, you're car makes those numbers". Basically I was making responses to an idiot, but it was kind of funny after a while. There's plenty more like that, and others with more serious debates.

But yeah, most of my answers I don't regret and some I should have just not answered.

What Guys Said 4

• I've been here about a year. I started out pretty much just trying to help people out. I enjoy at least trying to help people out in stressful situations because I know what it feels like to feel like you can't figure out this whole dating thing.

I think though the most valuable thing GAG has given me is answers to a lot of my questions and I've been able to talk to some really cool people. I feel like I'm getting closer to where I wanted to be and what I wanted to get out of joining that site and although my friendships with people here may not last forever, their advice will last and be impactful in my life for a long time.

I don't necessarily have a favorite answer or an answer I'm not proud of. Every answer I give is how I truly believe and if people don't want to hear that, don't read my answer. I think I've gotten like 12 upvotes before or something like that but I don't really remember. Most downvotes may be around 4 or 5 I'm usually not that controversial LOL

• I can't say I have a favorite answer nor one I'm really less proud of, The most dislikes I'm sure has reached 20's and upvotes in the 10's but I just do my best to either help or troll, out of boredom I have made it a number-point game.

• I enjoy messaging and chatting with people. It's pretty entertaining :)

• It's pretty cool. I've met a lot of nice people. One thing I noticed is that some weirdo with mid-life crisis and power trips slipped through the cracks and became a moderator but I just laugh at how pathetic people's lives are.

• I think that moderators are chosen more for the amount of time spent on here other than the content of their "answers". Not trying to be negative about it - just what I've experienced with the time I've been here.

• Yeah. I think the job specification attracts the type of super trolls who have very little of a life and all they want to do is become a super moderator. This is not to say that all of the moderators are like that. Actually I've only experienced one moderator like this. I don't really care though because I don't spend that much time here plus I reported him a number of times to admin. They re post any posts that were falsely removed, what I don't understand is why they don't just remove him.

What Girls Said 2

• well I liked it when I first joined ( a year ago), now it frusterates me, with all the idiots on here, or the people that stalk my answers saying bs, or people who block you before you can defend your answer, and now just today I had a question removed for "trolling" even though it was a legit question.

• I feel you on the stalkiness of some people. I just chalk it up to people who have little in their lives. I've had a few answers removed without explanation - but on the grand scale of things that matter - who cares? Stick with what you're doing - you're not afraid to hide behind the crazy pink lady like some of us. ; )

• I get blocked a lot.