Did GAG actually helped you in your real life?

Did you ever took the advice others told you here on the site? Did someone's advice ever really helped you, like a friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• it definitely opened my eyes about certain topics especially sex and flirting...ive learned how men work and what they like and stuff...which is cool! how their mind works and what kind of girls they respect and want to marry, I've learned a lot about jerks vs good guys and how good guys are the husbands...

however one bad thing I've noticed on gag is that a good handful of people are quite shallow especially the immature young guys...may be because your on the internet and you can think aloud and say what you want in terms of preferences and judge what's ugly and what's not, but in real life those traits that you see in people you probably might not even notice in person and will be attracted to them...some people are unnecessarily picky and make harsh comments to certain questions I see here and its just not realistic because no ones perfect and the person you will one day fall in love with won't be perfect and you will be naked in bed together and see each others strengths and flaws and plus when you get old beauty fades and you will get wrinkles and white hair and fat! your not gonna look youthful and hot all your life...love is beyond that! for example I see girls asking questions about being thick or chubby and guys are like ewww turn off I want a thin chick and unless your a runway model that's not reality ya know? plus that thin chick is gonna be a mom someday and will gain weight from pregnancy and a womans body changes after birth...i don't know I'm just sick of all the shallow comments.

• definitely agree, especially whenever I meet a quiet or a desperate guy in real life, they don't say much but they do think alot. Also ill have to add to your statement that there are just as much girls who are only interested in b*tching at other girls and disturbing their business. Yet at the end of the day, the internet works as a fine outlet for everyday emotions etc. :)

• True that but why are you anonymous?

• i don't know its a habit lol!

What Guys Said 7

• The only reasonable advice I ever receive here, is the odd recommendation that I "get a life", though I obviously haven't yet adhered to it.

• Yes. I listened to a lot of the wrong people earlier on and was therefore largely clueless when it came to dating. I'm feeling a lot more confident about myself and my abilities lately :)

• Yea if not helped but at least it proved me how well off I'm and that I for no reason underestimated myself on matters!

• I've learned to appreciate the fact that I'm not as odd or bad-off as I once thought I was :)

• I met some good people here. Past that, I really only came here to give advice and be a d***.

• Certainly some insight I just havnt applied the science yet.

• I've sorta been giving more than taking. But I assume people were helped by my advice maybe? All you gotta do is ask the right questions :)

What Girls Said 4

• It only showed me how many losers and trolls there are out there.

Disclaimer: This is not to say that ALL people on this site are trolls/losers.

• I've used some of the advice I've gotten on here such as dating advice to always give people a chance, from flirting I've gotten new ideas on how to flirt while not coming off as a complete tease, style I now try everything so my style always has variety and etc :)

• Actually, if I'm to be completely honest, it really has. It's made me put a lot more thought into my own opinions and beliefs, as well as other peoples'. More importantly, I've met some really amazing people who have helped me get out of my shell a bit and become comfortable talking (I'm usually more of a strong and silent type ;) lol).

I've been on here almost a year and I can honestly say that I do think I've changed. Whether it's from GAG itself, certain users or "real life" experiences, I can't say.

• the wise people of this site, helped me

in a question I had about stalkers (-_^)