Why can't people take things seriously on here?

I've seen a lot of people just answering questions in a very disrespectful way. Are people getting meaner in this world?

Most Helpful Guy

• Internet + anonymity = rudeness beyond the norm.

What Guys Said 13

• People are mean generally.I always answer truthfully and try not to be to mean when doing it.Sometimes I may come off a little harsh but I usually am nice.I am a nice guy.It just how I was raised to be.Even if someone is being mean to me I am nice usually.It doesn't mean however I don't hold my own.I was just taught not to offend people,because it is inconsiderate and rude.I will cuss however and be forward.But its not mean to offend the asker of the question.I guess you can't please everyone all the time.

• Pretty much my answers match the questions.

So.. stupid questions get stupid answers.. mean questions get mean answers.

And good questions get good answers.

• No. We're used to anonymous askers getting snippy with us and only agreeing with the people that affirm their outlook on life. As a result, the more upset the more of them who leave, the happier I am. Why do these people ask questions if they can't take criticism, let alone the truth?

I've given up trying to be nice. If someone wants an honest answer, they can wait for one. If a few rude comments is too much, then then a forum that allows anonymous posters or a**holes like me to answer is not the place for you.

• A lot of people on here just use this website to pass time and give them something to do, so you will see those useless answers. Only thing to do is to deal with it and not take it personally, its the internet.

• Depending on what was asked, what you consider a "disrespectful response" could very well be a wake-up call to the QA.

• I am always serious whn answering a question

It's not that a society as a whole are getting meaner it's more like the individual

Perhaps they had a bad day as well

Or a question can be awsered rudely so a arrogant person may get a clue

Have a nice day E

• Keep your chin up.

• Some questions just call for a good ol' fashioned trolling, really. While other ones represent real problems and deserve attention.

• I try to help but if I see the same kind of stupid questions from the same person, I'm not afraid to let them have a mouthful. Like said, good questions get good answers.

• the other guy is right. some anon's are here for passing time only so their answer's are going to be sh*te.

i wouldn't take much notice of the advice on here anyway.

• Example?

• I find it to be the opposite here. People take things far too seriously.

• No people are just getting tired of f***ing idiots who can't get the picture.

What Girls Said 8

• I find it that people on here can be very self centered. For instance, when I ask questions like "do you find it hard to get comfy before you go to bed" or "would you share your sandwich" they answer more seriously because it is about "them."

Or another example, when you ask about religion, or money, issues they take seriously themselves (because it is about "them" and their beliefs), they get VERY serious.

When you go anonymously, and ask a question really serious you either get no answers or answers like, "you're so selfish", "he doesn't love you anymore, the truth hurts" when the truth is that in order to keep things balance it has to be about you and other people, but they read one question and they think they know who you are.

It's Murphy's Law, you will never win 100% the time with people. Plus, GaG is made up of more teenagers and young adults who don't always have the maturity to answer serious questions. I always try to ask serious questions, and I barely get an answer that I could give BA to.

Also, GaG can become a popularity some people give answers that they think their audience wants to see, or they give answers that amuse themselves. People sometimes take pleasure on other people's pain because they are so miserable themselves.

The best way to ask serious questions here is to give scenarios that relate to your situation and then ask. Make it about "them" and you will always have serious answers.

Occasionally, you will have a troll, but whatever it's apart of being on a forum I suppose.

I hope this answered your question. I talk about this often with a couple people on this site as well, and the best thing we could come up with is that most people just aren't happy with themselves.

• It can get really, really boring to sit here and read through things and be totally serious. I try to inject a little more humor in conversation and I get my laughs from reading "disrespectful" answers posted by other users.

Some questions need serious answers. Others are just ridiculous.

The point is, this is the Internet. It isn't real life. A lot of people put forth an attitude here that they wouldn't carry in person because here they have something to hide behind.

As for me, I try to keep it civil and professional unless the asker causes some serious provocation.

• It depends on the question. If its a bitchy or stupid question then expect similar responses back. Also a lot of questions get repeated a lot. If its neither of the two then chances are the person responding back is just a troll who takes advantage of the anonymous option. If its rude then report it. Sometimes they'll take it down and that helps a little bit.

• It is the internet you shouldn't take things too seriously on here, some users sit at their computers all day leaving leaving rude/disrespectful comments purely for entertainment.

I do understand what you mean.. I try my best to help other out and provide help/advice.. not argue, be rude or leave idiotic comments just for the sake of it. It would be nice if every one was the same. ohwell.

• I really don't think its too bad here. If you wanna see bad answers try Yahoo!Answers, especially in the relationship section. You want to see rude, that's where you'll find it.

Other than that, I wouldn't let a few unruly members ruin your experience.

• Its the internet. Don't take it personally. it is no indication of what the real world is like.

• Most comments said here should be taken with a grain of salt.

• They are getting meaner. I once made a complimentive remark about a guy asking if he was attractive or not (a troll question) and next thing I know my comment is removed, yet his troll question remains up for hours even though I reported it. When unjust things like this happen it is very difficult to take this place seriously.