How do you feel about not being able to delete things on GaG?

Have you ever asked a question you wish you could delete? Or answered something? Why is it that we can't delete? Do you like it or does it bother you?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you were able to delete questions, I assume the people would lose the xper they gained for answering the question, which wouldn't be fair to them. I do agree with not being able to delete your own questions, but that doesn't mean there haven't been times where I wished I could delete a few of mine. If you really want a question deleted though, you can always contact the admins to ask about it.

And as for deleting answers, I can imagine people abusing that... trolling or saying offensive things then deleting them before getting caught by admins, or just backing out of an argument easily, etc...

I dunno. It's understandable, but it can also be frustrating sometimes.

What Guys Said 5

• While I think a lot of people would like the option to delete their questions and answers, I think it is useless. You asked the question to obviously learn something, you shouldn't be ashamed of that. If you ask an embarrassing question you can always make it anonymous so no one knows its you. I would like to take back some of my questions because they are silly and I was naive back then, but I learned from them so at least they had their value.

• You can request it deleted or just go anonymous to remove it from your profile really. I haven't felt the need to worry about a delete cause I don't see the big deal really. There's nothing I've said that I wouldn't say in real life anyways because let's be real internet anonymity only goes so far. You could also go uber troll and it may get reported and deleted but why do that when all it takes is a simple request to them to remove it anyways? I can see the advantage of a user based delete system but it's not a necessity. A better search system where you have more ability to narrow the search results would be a greater priority imo.

• you can get it deleted, just report it as abusive or complete utter nonsense or begin a flame war. U'd get a notification, that this is a warning blah blah blah, but I think you get 3 of those before they delete your account, just start a new one.

I for one think it's a good thing that we can't delete our questions, because many members would use that option and the site would become a questionless wasteland.

• I have the option to delete

• Id delete every dumbass question I've asked lol.

What Girls Said 5

• I wish we could. But then again I'm sure some people who take advantage of it and make it bad for the rest of us on here.

• Yeah there was 2 questions that I asked when I first came on GAG and I wanted to delete them so badly but there is another option which helped me. You can go on the question and check the anonymous box so no one will be able to see it, even your friends. I did that and I don't even care cause nobody knows its me now.

• I think being able to delete your questions, answers and comments would mean people don't have to be held accountable for what they say. The anonymous option does that enough. I think people should justo think before they type, not say it at all or tick the anonymous option.

• Well, making it anonymous is basically like deleting it.

• I've never thought about it but I suppose that's the purpose of having the anonymous option.