Petition to re-start the Meebo Chat here on GAG.

Seems as if GAG has destroyed yet another good thing. This site used to be so interactive and helpful and now it is just moderator and administrator dominated and makes obtaining advice and establishing interpersonal relationships that much more complicated. I have read in the few postings about the chat potentially being down permanently. If this is the case, I say the regular GAG'ers or anyone else for that matter start a petition to the administrators to get the chat back up for us. I have gotten so much good advice and made some very good friends here in the process. I am at the point now of even terminating my account. Who would be on board for a petition?

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, I wouldn't have come back here after day one if it weren't for the chat.

• And since I'm BA, I'll say again, you can directly sign in to meebo still.

What Girls Said 5

• I love the chat feature, I hope that it is just down temporally, and not something they took away :(

• Thanks for your input. We have removed the Meebo bar, as we are working on improvements and fixing some issues. We realize some members will really miss the chat, and suggest using our Inbox feature, or posting a question instead. Thanks!

• i don't miss it, I don't care

• I know! Too many people have become so obsessed with their tiny bit of power (since it is just a website for f*cks sake) that they let it get to their heads. This site used to be so awesome, then all these stupid changes were made and now it's just becoming sh*t.

I think GAG should do a public survey of the people who are on this website before they decide to make all these serious changes.

• "Hey baby, you know I am a moderator on GirlsAskGuys *wink wink*".. that's the kind of maturity I feel has come out of people in power positions. I really want to throw some people under the bus and I am going to do my best not to, but it's too much now. Everything and anything gets deleted if one mod doesn't like it. Everything gets reported and people get kicked off left and right. It could be for a political or religious view, or because you don't like a band. Report button and gone. It's sad

• Moderators don't actually get told any more then you.

• ...what? I don't understand what you're saying kheserthorpe

• Half of the changes GaG makes on this website suck. I miss the chatroom feature too!

• Yep. Used to be such a kick ass site.

What Guys Said 3

• Can't say I'm terribly moved. I rarely use it, and the whole "making friends" bit doesn't exactly appeal to me. Also, as far as "moderator and administrator dominated": well yeah it is. That's kind of the point of them. I agree it gets mildly overkill at times, but don't start trying to operate wallstreet on a private website.

• Thats you though, the majority have made friends through advice and common interests. This is supposed to be a mature forum for discussions and it has turned into a site that people get some kind of power or pleasure trip from being a moderator and deleting answers. 14 year old CHILDREN have this power and of course abuse it since they have infinite wisdom and all. People are always going to disagree politically, religiously and racially. But it's not allowed here. It's majority or nothing.

• I loved the 14 year old moderator who told me that I should hit the books harder when I asked a question about a 500 level college course I was studying with. That kid is still learning his times tables and I actually was offended by it. Granted it's easy to get a big head when the bubble is next to your name and you're a "moderator". But in all reality, they have no life experience and sit around the computer all day in their whack shacks jerking off and use this to kill time and get crowned.

• Well, there's no need to get threatened by a teenybopper. Annoying granted, but so what? It's like getting wound up when you walk past a day care and a five year old calls you "stupidface". Besides there are plenty of people that would probably say you have no life experiences, so to each their own really.

• Put the chat back up for f*** sakes.

• I actually hated the meebo chat because the only chicks that chatted with me would just say hi and then expect me to carry a convo for two hours after that. God that pissed me off lol. Don't say hi and expect me to come up with a full convo after that without offering some info about yourself ya know? lol Anyways I think users should be able to choose to use meebo if they want but I'm guessing GAG is afraid of being legally liable for sexual harassment and sex crimes that might take place over chats hosted on their website so they had to end it. This is what happens in a culture that believes we must be protected from ourselves.

• That's your own issue man. It sucks when chicks talk to you, I know.. I actually am the opposite and don't hate it or mind talking to them at all. I mean there are 14 year old moderators here now, this place is becoming a joke. There is a block feature and if someone engages another in a derogatory conversation, they can be blocked and or reported. No need to delete the whole chat function all together.

• lol I agree but unfortunately the republicans aren't offering much better. I would rather be called a conservative or republican than a demorat or liberal but really the older and wiser I get the less each party appeals to me. It's like coke or pepsi? Both can taste good but are equally bad for your health in the long run.

• I am personally a Conservative Republican, but looks like the GOP candidate is just an Obama version with balls. We as a country just can't afford Obama for another term.