People asking highly controversial questions and being anonymous?

Does anyone else think this is wrong. If you're going to ask something which may cause tension, conflict, arguments, insulting or ignorant questions then you should have to do it under your profile name. It might get rid of a lot of trolls and bullsh*t. Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree anonymous should be used only when you're embarrassed or if you use your profile on GaG allot and don't want it to be tied to a specific question. I do admit I use anonymous feature but I try not to abuse it.

What Guys Said 5

• I have friends who cba to make accounts of their own, so I choose to ask questions for them and when I do I use anonymous. It's really the only time I use the anonymous feature.

But I agree with your point.

• I go anon if I ask a religious question, it's because people will just block you

simply if you raise objections

• More surprising is when people ask like 'hey, anyone like mexican food' and they're anon. Seriously ..

• Eh, don't really give a damn. I mean sh*t, there're so many things in the world to concern yourself with if your going to choose to be a worrisome individual why stress yourself over internet BS?

• They're scurrred. I like stamping my name to controversial stuff, shock stuff is kewl

What Girls Said 6

• I agree with you.

I think Anon should only be used if you're asking something very personal.

• this is what you posted to this question

link

'The religion and the people who have the belief system should, like all other creeds/beliefs, be respected but the entity of the church- no. I lost respect for it a long long time ago. Now pope benedict has stated that all the diocese in Ireland must be changed because we're not proper Catholics anymore.,I wonder would that have anything to do with the rape and abuse of children by priests and nuns, the magdalene laundries, the control and power exerted over people right upto recent times. The money grabbing done by the church and now expecting us, the taxpayers, to fund the compensation to abuse victims.

The Catholic church has a lot to answer for. And we still don't know what are they hiding in the library vaults in the Vatican '

'The Catholic church deserves respect for lying and covering up the abuse of children by its members'

'The pope is the head of the Catholic church and he covered up the abuse that was going on.Once the abuse was discovered in any parish the priest was just moved onto another, where do you think that order came from'

religion is very controversial and you answered it so maybe you should take your own advice before posting about it

• Did I do so anonymously? No.

• Yes but this question isn't about controversial questions its about people being anon simply to cause tension. You can still have a discussion about religion or any other topic if you have some common decency and manners. Just because people have different viewpoints doesn't mean they have to be at loggerheads but by being anon it affords people the opportunity to just bash others at will. I have a lot of respect for people who stand by their own convictions and don't hide behind anonymous

• once again I agree with you. I have more respect for people who don't post anon than those who do. I'm not saying you are wrong. I don't think its OK that people hide behind the anon key. I asked a few months ago if gag should get rid of anon users. I know what you mean

• I don't understand why this board is so obsessed with whether people are posting anonymously or not. Does it really matter? I don't even notice if people are anonymously asking questions or not. If I'm not interested in the question I scroll... if I am I answer it. It's really not that much of a drama for me how it's being asked and if it's a topic I'd like to avoid(such as the few you mentioned) I don't waste my time reading it if it's not interesting to me or pisses me off.

• It's just a website.

• Who cares. It's the internet.

• It's cause they don't want to get blocked or get hated on for it