Why do people stay signed into chat on GaG, yet DON'T want to chat with anyone?

--------------------

DISCLAIMER: I do tell these people how to log out of the chat, while staying logged into the site

--------------------

I've ran into this situations countless times in the last month.

Yes, I understand that some people don't like the chat feature.

I even understand that some people don't know HOW to sign out the chat w/o logging out of the site entirely...so I tell them step-by-step how to do that.

Yet people are STILL hard-headed, and would rather stay logged into chat and COMPLAIN about getting IMs...

...than to log off of chat (using my directions).

----------------------

Why do you think that, knowing how to log out of chat, that people REFUSE to follow the clear help that I give them

Does anyone else have this problem dealing with people being on chat but not wanting to chat with anyone?

-------------------------

Thanks for your input. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I know how to log out. My problem is that when I'm on GAG, I usually have multiple tabs of it open. What happens is that if you log out on one tab, it doesn't always log you out on the others, or it will log-in without you telling it to.

Also, sometimes I would like to chat with a few specific people, but that doesn't mean that I want to chat with everyone who messages me. I especially hate it when someone messages me when they don't have anything to talk about and expect me to run the conversation, or the people who get mad at me for not responding quickly enough (when I'm often multi-tasking).

• I know people multitask (I know I do)...

...so when someone is lagging in response, I ask what they're doing instead of throwing a tantrum.

I also concur with the people who message and "ad-lib" you with lol and OK and oic...to those people I directly ask them why they're dis-engaged with me in chat, if no answer I close the box and don't message them

What Girls Said 8

• Sometimes I forget that it automatically signs me in. Quite honestly I preferred GAG when the chat function was down :/

• I usually turn it off because I'm doing other laptop work, or watching an online movie, playing around the house, licking my paws. I don't want to answer IMs while my paws are wet. Other times I'm out hiking or waiting for a rat to leave it's hole, using my mobile device to browse the internet just for messeges and maybe answer a few questions.

• I was not aware of a chat feature..

If someone knows how to turn it off and doesn't and then complains about getting messages, I believe that they want to be approached somehow and don't want to make it obvious so they do that stupid drama... that is annoying.

• You don't get a bar at the bottom of your browser with a bunch of buttons on it?

• It's because you have no friends on your friends list, silly girl. :)

• oh. :[

lol

• I like the chat feature, lol but I usually don't have my sound on...I hate the blubblublblubblub sounds. lol Drives me nuts! Sometimes I just want to see what the questions are & just post. So...it all depends on themood of the day...

• Sometimes I don't feel like talking to the people who are online or I'm just busy and I don't have the time to sit there and try and keep up a conversation

• Do you know how to sign off of chat?

In case you don't:

click the lower-right corner of the chat box where the friends are, click your name at the top of that menu, and click "sign off Meebo"...

...and PRESTO, problem solved.

• It's just a website.

• same thing I said that's why he me made this question about me because he couldn't stop going on and on about it something I didn't care about and yes he does take it too seriously.

• because we know you like vanilla women

• I'd say they just don't want to talk to people. Not sure. If they didn't want to talk, they shouldn't have added you or accepted your request. I'm one of the individuals on this site that doesn't chat much with other users. So I just don't add/accept any to avoid the awkwardness of "why did you add me, if you weren't going to talk" type thing.

• I will be honest, I am one of those "why did you add me, if you weren't going to talk" type of people.

I find it interesting that people don't want to chat, and no longer have the excuse of not knowing how to turn it off...

...

...but leave it on, then want to complain about it.

It's idiotic.

• It is. It is nonsense to complain about it like theyre doing. They should just delete everyone if they don't want any messages.

• Maybe they just don't want to chat with you?

What Guys Said 4

• People always start chatting right when I log in... I might just want to answer a few questions, but before the page finishes loading I have a message from someone. =P I wish the default was signed out and you could click on it to sign in rather then having to sign out all the time.

• Exactly!

• Then you talk to them for a few minutes and a few more people chime in... =O bong... bong... Then you are just like I got to go girl I'll talk latter. =P

• I know! Or I don't even realize I'm signed in, go AFK and come back and I'm being abused by people for not responding. Sigh.

• Yeah maybe that's what's happening when I'm trying to chat with people, either that or they don't want to be talked to.

• Never encountered this.

• i have like 10-15 friends online at the same time, I can't talk to everyone at the same time. even 5 is too much