Do you wish that you can see who gave you down votes?

I noticed that when I view questions, some really good answers are down voted. I don't see what the problem is, and I wish a personal notification would show what member voted up or down on your answers. Just like the when we have new answers or comments on here. Tell me what you think :)

• Yes
  • No
lol erase the word 'the' before when x.x
oh, and in another question I will add in a while is: Why answer a question then block the question asker from commenting? Maybe they are having a bad day, oh well. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• 90% of my down votes happen when I stand up for Jesus. So for me it is easy to narrow down who the anti Jesus crew are. I don't down vote people unless they are very ignorant and rude or racist.

What Guys Said 7

• There are times when I wish I could see who down voted me, but only from a standpoint where I can't help but wonder who would believe opposite of a good answer. I recall getting down voted in a recent poll where clearly I was being unbiased and fair based on my experiences. Still, I managed to get some eleven down votes and was still selected as "best answer" by the person posing the question.

Many times, people who have an opinion that differs from yours will be down voted just because they don't like your opinion, even if what you state bears more merit than their self serving views.

Other times I could care less about who gave the down votes because it is purely subjective and open to various interpretations.

In the end, it really doesn't matter if you can see who down voted you or not because quite often it wouldn't change a close minded self serving person who has different views from coming over to your side. I just try to answer the questions as honestly and as best as I could and just let the votes fall where they may.

I didn't partake of the poll only because I didn't see an option for sometimes but I felt that I would still share my view by addressing your question all the same.

• No! I do not wish to know who gave me down votes, otherwise the opposite would also hold true. People would be able to see that I gave a down vote if I gave a down vote.

Some really good answers are downvoted because of differences of opinions. Just because you think an answer is really good, does not mean someone else thinks that way.

• some people just love the downvote button and

can't keep their hands off it I guess..

probably wouldn't be as many downvotes

if people could see who did it.

• Nah.

I'd only like for the person downvoting to understand: Downvotes don't take away my points, don't influence my decisions, don't change my mind, and thus doesn't make them feel any better knowing they have an absolute 0 effect on me.

Downvote to your hearts desire :)

• What we obviously need here, is a bunch of downvotes.

What are you all waiting for?

• Nah. I'm not vindictive like that. I accept the verdict of the anonymous mob.

• no

What Girls Said 6

• Sometimes, although when I go to down vote somebody, I am REALLY glad that they are anonymous...

• Maybe not who, but why. Sometimes you make several points in post and you just wonder with what exactly they disagree and why

• I would love to know why they down voted my answer, not exactly who...

but who gets me closer to why...so Yeah, I guess I would like to see.

• Ehh not really. Is it for personal satisfaction of knowing who or are you going to ask them why they didn't agree with you?

• No, what's the point. It'll just lead to aggro.

• yea it would be half OK with it, and half crybabies & online threats.

• Not really.There will be a lot of drama tho...Trust me.