Is it me, is this weird or what?

This guy on GAG started talking to me and said that I was attractive and said he was attractive as well, and I would just laugh it off. Then he asks me if he has sex appeal and I answered honestly no. And then he basically said well you aren't attractive and all this. Then he blocked me are people really like this? Is this real life? Like if you ask someone to be honest why would you freak out when they actually are honest?

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, remember that a majority of the guys here are very inexperienced with dating/sex/women, and also consider what kind of guy would state he was attractive and then ask if he had sex appeal. He's insecure, he doesn't get along well with women, and you hurt his feelings. A normal person with normal self esteem may have laughed this off, but he's probably not your normal guy.

• That's true. I said he was attractive, I just didn't think he had sex appeal and tbh the way he handled it was really childish his response was pretty much well I lied, you aren't attractive, you have a big nose lol

• It's that fragile male ego combined with low self esteem and probably a low success rate with women. His reaction reveals little surprise as to why he's bad with women no? lol

What Guys Said 4

• He's weird, not you. Don't expect too much from guys that you meet on the internet. They're not worth your time.

• people are like this in real life too

because it hurts their ego, just online its easier to walk away from it.

online they don't have to worry about you knowing them so they can act like bigger @ssholes after

• Nothing in the virtual world is real.

• Guy was looking for a booty call, ignore him.

What Girls Said 2

• Are people really like this? ...Apparently.

Is this real life? ...Obviously.

Like if you ask someone to be honest why would you freak out when they actually are honest?...He was offended.

Is it me, is this weird or what?...Or what...Perhaps you were just too blunt with him, and he was offended by what & how you said this to him. Remember, it's not always what you say, but how you say it. Sometimes folks don't really want to know, because they are just "playing." I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• lololol xD... Yes, people are like this, but he was after more than a compliment. In this situation he was just being a jerk and was after something sexual so I wouldn't call this a freak out.