Newbie question - generic advice?

For a person who was new to this site, what advice would you give them, to maximize their enjoyment here? Any creeps you'd warn them about, or topics to stay away from?

0|0
5|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Best piece of advice about this site...

Take everything with a pinch of salt. In a lot of cases, this site doesn't reflect on reality. Don't get me wrong, you can get some real good advice/opinions, and find some quite eye opening stuff - but don't take everything as fact or common - a lot of the time, what is reflected as a majority on here, is in the minority in the real world.

2|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I would also advise that you should always copy any huge answers you give because sometimes, leaving the answer out for a long time can cause the website to not take your answer into consideration or the website can just time out and I know how annoying it can be to lose a huge paragraph worth of advice. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • - Be aware of anonymous people. I would suggest they tick the 'block anonymous answers' box when asking a question, to avoid any trolling or hurtful comments on something relatively controversial.

-The report button is your best friend.

-The block button is also your best friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be aware of the trolls and people that just don't help.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be aware of the guy who always likes to talk about womans periods lol

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• The best thing is you don't have to censor yourself, you can talk about almost anything. Don't get p*rnographic, that's about the only limitation.

The onenegative thing about the site is that at least 80% of the questions are asked anonymously, so you don't usualy know a lot about the person asking, or about most of the people answering, either.

0|0
    0|0
  • dont do gender stereotyping ;) its such a woman thing to do

2|2
    0|0
  • Dont get to comfortable thinking you can say whatever you want or the Nazis will come for you.

0|0
    0|1