Do you think that the majority of GaG is pessimistic or optimistic?

State your reason, why.

• The Majority of GaG is Pessimistic.
  • The Majority of GaG is Optimistic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pessimistic. It appears that a lot of people like to come here and passive aggressively take out their insecurities or issues they've had with a particular stranger on innocent bystanders.

What Guys Said 12

• Pessimistic for sure and mostly the men in my opinion although I've met a few girls like that too. As for why.. I don't know all their individual reasons so I couldn't pool them together and come up with an accurate representation of the population. I could just assume that maybe they've been rejected one too many times and instead of using it as a learning experience they wallow in self pity.

I used to claim that GaG is full of self proclaimed "nice guys" who isolate themselves, wallow in their own self-pity and then wonder why they have the personality and social aptitude of a used gym sock. I don't know if that is true because it's quick a blanket statement but there you go.

• I find it mostly to be messimistic.

• I would say it's pretty even. The group that comes to this site for advice can seem pessimistic since they have serious problems they don't know how to handle, or because they simply are inexperienced.

Then there is the group who has been around the site for ages and likes giving advice, these people generally seem more optimistic and/or realistic to me.

• I think people are more complicated then that Little MAC. Try this little experiment. Take a few people and watch them for a while. You'll see they fluctuate through different moods in their writing style here on GaG from day to day. One day they are optimistic and have a positive energy about them when reading through some topics, other days they seem sad, other days they seem to take their frustrations out on the world. People are not black and white. They are characters of complexity. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women in it are merely players. =P

• Many of the people on the site are very inexperienced. But then there are the people I see everyday on the site who answer question with good answers followed with a good joke or two. It's really nice to help people on the site. Specially the dumb ones, to get them back on track. Seriously don't be mad but some people ask dumb questions all the time.

• The majority of the world is pessimistic.

• Neutral. It's hard to say...sometimes I see someone pout about their relationships and another I see them excited that it might work.

• I think its people usually complaining about how they can't seem to find that person or how that person isn't happy about a situation, etc.

• I'm a fence walker and will play devil's advocate when I feel the tide shifting more towards one side than the other. Generally I'm optimistic so I feel the majority of people are more pessimistic. :)

• I think its pretty much 50:50 because there are just as much pessimistic users as optimistic ones

• Depends on the subject matter or section.

But I do notice a lot of youngsters trying to make sense of the world and come to grips with reality outside of television and school.

• Optimistic of course.

I find most of the pessimists here aren't really very pessimistic at all.

What Girls Said 6

• Generally pessimistic :P lol but that's because most people are these days because they know how sh*t things are but never do anything about it so as long as they don't they can't complain about anything at all if they can't put in the effort to make a better place for all of us to livei n,

• It's 50/50 really

There seems to be two groups: (1) "woe is me" group & (2) "idgaf" group

The "woe is me" group refuses to acknowledge the attitude and behavior and everything is everyone elses fault. And it mostly consists of guys. Also, they enjoy creating multiple accounts to ask the same sob story questions over and over again

The "idgaf" group tend to just be chill, troll, or not even involve themselves with other users.

I voted A though

• I agree with you on the two cultures, but not on it being just guys, there are plenty from girls to. Not sure why people feel that way, but I think if they have been harmed by others in the past, blaming others may have stemmed from that. Those who try to engage i, like trolls, are just as responsible.

• Pessimistic.

Because most of us come here to kill joy.

• It varies. I notice at times users follow the tone of the previous answers when posting. We the GAGers are very fickle. Quick up, down vote, block and jump in on other users comments with out being invited. :|

• depends on the day. sometimes the guys get their man-periods and start whining about girls being bitches/not getting laid/being forever alone and then girls start hating them for calling them bitches so it really brings the whole site down-and that happens a lot.

• Really depends on the day.

Some days it's really chill and hopeful - most days it's mopey and full of woest be me and my dreadful life / situation people.