How do you decide which advice to take?

When you ask a question on here and you get a couple different opinions, how do you decide which opinion/advice to take? Sometimes I'll ask a question and one person will say something and then another person will say the complete opposite. Like if it's about a guy someone will say "give him time" but then another person will say "he's an a** move on." Or how different scenarios will cause people to think differently of the same person. I know you can only help so much since you don't know the people involved or the situation, but I get confused sometimes when 2 or 3 people say totally different things lol. I realized that I take advice that I like, so if given between giving time or moving on, I'll choose the first opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually take into account the source. I've been here a while so it's easier, but if someone has a history of getting pretty logical advice with some experience to back it up, I'll trust that. Others just throw out whatever pops in their head, but have actually never been in a relationship or have some other aspect to their history which clouds their opinion.

What Guys Said 2

• I usually am interested in opinions that disagree with mine, provided that they are reasonably coherently typed.

• Generally you go with what sounds more realistic & reliable rather than just something you want to hear that will better the situation. Another would be if a lot of people are generally saying the same thing.

What Girls Said 1

• I play out the situation in my mind, consider the people involved, and imagine what kind of result each form of advice would give me. Then I consider how I truly, deeply feel and what kind of result it is that I want. What kind of ending to the situation do I want to see? What kind of ending is going to be good for me? Then I choose the advice that's most fitting to that. Sometimes, it's a combination of advice that is best for me :)