What does it mean when you have followers on GaG?

I'm so confused xD

What is it and how do you follow that person?

Alright, now I understand the purpose. The reason I asked is because I keep getting followers and I didn't know what it meant. So, how do you follow somebody. I'm sure there is a button for it, but where is it? Never seen it.
Thanks all :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It means they probably have friend requested you but you didn't accept. Or they don't want to friend request you but they want to read your answers and questions every time you post some.

They either like you or your questions/answers.

• @update: It's in their profile.

What Guys Said 4

• It's kind of like GaG's version of Twitter's followers, aka you have fans or people that are interested in what you have to say, or in some cases, stalkers. But to follow a user, just highlight their username, and in between 'friend' and 'block' there will be an option to follow that user. When you do this, it appears as though you've gotten a friend request, but they're following you instead. If you don't want it, just block them to cancel that.

• It means that when I give the word, my 3 followers will proceed to drink the Kool-Aid with me

• they see all your answers, all the Q's you post unless anon.

• you're probably a cute girl, that would explain why.

i forgot where it is

• it means you're probably a hot chick and everyone likes you

What Girls Said 3

• I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it means they more than likely enjoy your questions and/or answers and they receive updates on questions you ask and answers you post? I had a bunch of followers but I removed a few by blocking and unblocking them and left 1, since he's harmless and I see him around

• Go to their profile or scroll over their profile and there's a "Follow" button. Like, if you scroll over mine(if we aren't friends), there'll be a follow button

• Means they like you rvtrain of thought

• stalkers