Why is the search function on GAG so incompetent?

For example, in my previous question, when the customary list of similar questions came up, they all contained the word "dictate".

Would especially appreciate any insight from people in the IT field.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sorts results by the percentage of relevance to your search query. If no results contain your specific term(s) then it goes by the next most similar results.

Since your question is new it's probably not even indexed in the GaG database yet.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 5

• I know what you mean I have searched a question word or word and the results dod not bring anything up

• Search functions on this kind of site are nearly always useless. You're better off searching the site with google.

eg. "site:girlsaskguys.com what did you think of the dictator"

• It would be nice if you could narrow the results by date.

• Why are the people who run this site so prejudicial and arbitrary?

• Stiches answer was the bomb so 3 points for both of us and best answer to him!

• Lol, I'd be mad but I do the same sh*t to rack up xper.

• I came close to answering and saw yours and knew I wasn't comin up with anything close to as good hahaha and I hate copying because I would not be any better than my pothead buddies from "high" school :)-those bastards!