Why don't many people answer (or ask!) questions in the flirting category?

This has been I the back of may mind ever since I joined GAG. Do we have to say we just (speaking of the majority USA people) do't live in a very flirty culture? A cold and marketing one without much spontaneous flirtation?

Or..?

RATE this fascinating question for crying out loud!

• USA culture just isn't generally very flirtatious
  • Other? Please explain

Most Helpful Girl

• Flirting is a lost art here, if there ever WAS an art here! In Europe, people still aprreciate flirting and know how to make it fun.

What Girls Said 3

• Marty, my entire Xper score is based on responses to questions in the "Flirting" section... (And stop pestering people to rate your questions; it's not flirty, lol.)

• They don't rate questions ever if you don't ASK them to!

• If the question gets rated, it automatically gets a lot more answers since it shows up under highly rated questions!

• Well it's definitely rated...

• People usually only read questions in Sexuallity. so people post most their questions there even if they aren't about sexuality!

• So I've noticedd, and the questions there are SO repetitive, about body parts sizes, yawn, yawn..

• you'll find a LOT of trolls on here!

• So long as they allowlimitless totally anonymous answers, not traceable even to a given avatar, the trolls will continue to dominate.

• For me, I just go by whatever the most recent questions are. I don't look at categories. It's a simple oversight, nothing intentional, on my part.

What Guys Said 6

• For answering, probably a lot of people on here aren't very good at flirting in real life so they don't even visit that category because they don't think they are qualified to help. That would be my guess anyways.

As far as asking, I feel like most behavior questions could go in the flirting section and vice versa. And I don't think it's that unused. I mean obviously sexuality is going to be the most popular and there are infinite things you can talk about in other but the remaining sections get about the same attention imo. I think health, breakup, and style probably get a little less.

• Also notice how girls answer in flirting a lot more than guys.

• Breakup is obviously something a lot of happy talkers don't visit...sure..and health is still a new topic, and apparently a lot of people don't care about health! Also it's still a new topic.

But flirting..to me it's way more interesting than all the body part size discussions on sexuality, or the does he like me you get on behavior...

And Dish Lady is right, it's the guys who for the most part don't answer..Look at this question for example!

• @DishLady Pshh girls don't initiate anything. Flirting is just a million times easier for y'all because all you have to do is smile and laugh =p

@martyfellow I definitely agree with you that it is more interesting. Flirting and behavior are my top two categories but human nature leads most people to sexuality. I like helping people more than just voicing my opinion though so I don't really mind the "does he like me" questions as long as they are properly formatted.

• Most people don't know how to flirt, it is an art as cutestkathy had said, it's almost instinctual, and doesn't always have to be sexually related. My default mode of communication with women is flirting, whether you're a three year old girl to a 70 year old women, I just communicate in a playful, flirtatious manner when it comes to females.

• I'd say it's because flirting is so subjective. It's hard to answer questions about flirting. And when people do have questions about it, it's either related to wanting to date someone or wanting to sleep with someone, either of which could go in Dating or Sexuality.

• No, flirting is in a separate category..sure everything about the opposite gender overlaps in these ctegories, but flirting has its own place, I think we all know that, it's not dating, or sexuality

• But flirting is almost always with a goal in mind. And when people have a question, it's usually with the goal in mind more than the path there, so people will sort their questions accordingly.

• flirting is often just for banter or fun, no goal in mind! that's what makes it a separate category!

• Because the question are all the same and they get tiring ? You also over took my Rank 6 in flirting !

• They're my favorite category next to health, they are less repeititive than sex, or other, or style, God knows...but there are less answers than in any other category except ..health! either because it's still new, or people don't care about health, I don't know which...!

I haven't spent that much time on the flirtation questions, and you're right, here I am sixth even with all the crazy people who spend their whole LIFE on this site!

• i love flirting. but USA is all about sex and money and since there is no category "money" on here people always go to "sexuality". and that's the reality

• Cause the site automatically puts a ton of sh*t into sexuality.