Hey GAG!..how do you feel about a guy that 'looks' younger versus just looking his age?

The reason I ask is because I have two looks:

With facial hair I look my age

Minimum facial hair I look younger

One makes to look younger ( not super young but maybe 3-4 years) while the other makes me look my age. I'm 22 but one girl guess my age at 19. Was this generally a benefit or generally girls don't like guys that have the "young" look.

Poll Time!

• I generally like/dont mind guys that has a younger look
  • I like a guy to generally to look his age

Most Helpful Girl

• I met a guy who insisted he was 43 the other day, yet he really looks like a teaching assistant. The only thing that sort of gives him away is his deep voice. It's a little confusing, but talking to him, you hear how intelligent and experienced he is (plus we insisted on seeing his license since we were in such disbelief). It is what it is.

There was a kid (26 at the time, and I generally reserve the right to refer to anybody under 35, especially a student of mine, a "kid") working on a project with me a while back. He got very upset when I told him the was a "nice kid" or "smart kid" because he insisted that he was a colleague, etc. now that we had worked on one project together.

I could understand his frustration to an extent. A guy who looks way too young has a bit of trouble being taken seriously, so it's a compliment to tell someone that they look younger than their age, but it's also a potential signal to them that you think they're immature or something.

The same thing happens to girls if they "don't look their age" -- which is why a lot of women sort of pour on the makeup to look older, younger, or more "serious." The quest to look "just right" like the porridge in Goldie Locks is endless and baffling, so I tend not to bother with it at all...

What Girls Said 2

• Doesn't really matter its awesome that you can look younger sometimes its better than looking 'way' older :)

• i pick neither if I am going to like you its going to be for you not how young or old you look if I truly liked you, you would be the handsomest thing in the world to me. but that's just my opinion

What Guys Said 3

• I asked a question similar to this. Most girls don't really seem to care about looking younger than your age. There were a few, however, who considered it a turn-off. Virtually no one considered it a good thing. It was either bad, or neutral. I would say grow facial hair and look your age.

• Not here to answer the poll, just to say that I identify with your situation completely. Most people who see me now can't believe that I'm 28.

• Basically bro, just keep yourself clean shaven, no girl likes stubble prickling their lips, down below or on the face.