Why is there no delete button on here?

If I want to delete a question or an old answer of mine (I don't really care about if I lost my points or not), I'd like to be able to do this. I've been using this site since it was started back in 2007 and I've yet to see a delete button.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because if there were to be a delete button it would get extremely annoying to see people asking questions the entire time and then deleting them constantly. That's what will happen. You'd know you can ask ridiculously dumb questions or offensive questions and delete them in a couple of minutes. Some people put a lot of effort into their answers as well and then it would all have gone to waste.

What Girls Said 3

• All of your posts remain on the website unless they contain sexually explicit, offensive, or irrelevant content.

You can, however, change a post to "Anonymous," by doing the following:

Go to the "Home" page

Click on "Questions" or "Answers" on the right side of the screen

Click on the question title that you would like to change

At the bottom of the post, check the "Anonymous" box.

Thanks!

• I've thought about that too! I think its because in case someone has a similar question they can search it and see that its been asked before.

• You can ask to have it removed by contacting gag

What Guys Said 3

• You've been coming here for five years? That means you've managed to accumulate one point each and every day. How do you deal with the stress?

• ...and this answers the question how? Also, ever think I've had previous usernames

• Yeah, but I can never resist the op to say sumpin unpleasant. ; - )

• But then, people who answered your question would lose their points too. And even if some answers are one line only, some people really take time to answer. Wouldn't it be unfair ?

• bcuz there's not ... but you can contact GAG and request for them to make one