Do you make friends on this site?

Do you like to make friends on this site? Or are you here purely for the question and answer section? If yes, why do you make friends? For the chat? Messages?

I do not accept or send friend requests. I just don't see the point in it really, nothing personal against anyone :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I don't know if you want to call it making friends but I lost my virginity because of this site. It's whatever though

What Guys Said 7

• I'm here to answer questions and have mine answered if I have any. I do add people if they invite me to become friends, but I don't chat much. When I do chat it's mostly about people wanting a second opinion or some small chat on what's new and how life is going on your side of the planet.

It's hard to resist a friendly and sarcastic Sponge. :P

• Patrick is cooler :P

• woman, I invented the word cool. Patrick is just living off my hard work and goofiness, he lives under a rock for crying out loud and doesn't even have furniture. Come into my pineapple and I'll treat you to the best mojito's in bikini bottom, I'll even let you pet Gary and see my jelly fish collection. :P

• This is a community of people. You're bound to run into some people that think like you, you feel are interesting or funny. Why not be friends with people that make you smile, laugh, think about things that you find intriguing. Yes I make friends with people I meet on this site.

• I've made a few friends on here. I'm usually pretty open to talking to anyone about almost anything. It took me a couple years before I started talking to other people here, but there are some pretty cool guys and girls with some great insights here.

• Yes...I have about 15 GAG members on FB and about 15 on my work e-mail...I am glad to have them to converse with...especially when the questions get boring. Never can have too many friends...and I was aware of you...aware that you denied my add request and I checked your Profile and realized that you have no friends..so I did not take it personal but I am happy with my 504 friends...Your choice is your choice...you are not alone in your thinking...but if you ever change your mind you can always add me...<3<3<3=D

• I usually make acquaintances/friends by way of answer comments. I don't get on Meebo but when I did I'd talk to people on there. People would add me out of nowhere and IM me when I was on, now they resort to sending messages but that's fine too.

• Questions/answers and to keep myself from going totally insane due to occasional bouts of 'chronic' boredom. As for the friends, honestly-not really. I've had some that have long since left, and another one just didn't work out.

• With a chosen few, but I be's friendly with the ladies.

What Girls Said 9

• I've made a bunch of good friends on here :) its nice to have people to talk to on here; I don't really ever have any personal questions to ask, I just like wasting time on here :p

• It's not uncommon for users to befriend one another on here. I mean, you constantly see their answers or questions and you PM one another every now and then, so some end up close or even going out.

While I do keep in contact with certain users and I like some users on here on a friend level, like Megan, I'm not all over the place trying to befriend other users. I have over 240 friends on my friends list, but it seems like for every person who hates me on here, 2 people like me or at least enjoy my answers haha

I don't chat but I do PM with some users regularly or every so often

• Ill add someone if they seem interesting but usually don't add or accept requests lol I have 37 requests right now lol

Dont care to much for meeting people just like answering questions when I'm bored

• People request me so I add them, but they don't really talk to me so idk..I'm basically just on here for asking/answering questions.

• I don't really see the point in befriending people on this site. Cause it's not like I'm gonna meet them in person so yeah. I chat with a few people but friends is like, ya know, people you hang out with. Not people you chat with online

• I exclusively ask and answer questions. I don't even look at my friend requests and rarely look at my messages.

• For answering questions really, I don't care to talk to people. Every person I have talked to wanted to talk about one thing...

• About one or two

• I've never used any website I've been on as a way of making friends (maybe except in my younger days, going on gaia and whatnot). Nowadays I'm happy with the friends I already have irl. I'm not easy to get along with because I'm very hard to talk to, I never start or hold a conversation, and rarely find anything anyone has to say very interesting at all. I decided to go anonymous after a heavily failed attempt at trying to be more 'open' to the thought of making e-friends. I just can't do it. No one had anything interesting to say to me and only wanted to talk about p*rn and sex. It would actually get kind of uncomfortable because I noticed that most of them seemed to EXPECT that I answered their questions because they were entitled to my answer simply because it's an advice giving community, so I had to stop doing that. I was attracted to this site because I liked how it's made for giving and receiving advice and all, but I enjoy sticking to the forums because I can pick and choose what information I want to voluntarily give when they are questions asking personal things, and not because someone in the IM's demands it one-on-one. I came to the conclusion that I'm not interesting, no one who IM's me have proven to be interesting (maybe except for ONE person), and if I'm so uncomfortable with it, then that's what the anonymous function is there for.