Why is there so much bad grammar on this site?

I mean really, it gives you a chance to proof read and still some of these questions are hard to read. Are people just lazy or are there that many stupid people out there?

Now I know I'm no English teacher and not the greatest wordsmith but damn at least I make an effort. Anybody else bothered by this?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• w0w, you tR0ll. we spel purfecxly. & itz gramer, not "grammar" gosh!1!/1 ;D

• When they make an effort to type a word with the same amount of characters, but replace some of the letters with numbers or the letter 'z' instead of an 's', yes, it seriously bugs me.

But some people genuinely don't know, and think that they are doing just fine.

If it's even moderately legible, I'm fine with it.

• My 18 year old cousin does that and it drives me crazy. Using q for g and z for s... I asked her if she realized that older people think she's retarded when they see that. She blocked me on Facebook because I was being too mean to her. Lol

• My older sister does it too, and gets so offended when I mention it. She's 4 years older than me. O.o

• many people just don't care about their writing on the internet. It's not that big of a deal, really.

• best answer. I really don't give a dvmn. maybe you shoould learn to use context clues this is the 21st century things changed decade t odecade.

• Because not all people have English as their first language...

Many people on here are from other countries, you know.

• It's easy to tell when it's someone who's first language isn't English... I'm more talking about people who just generally abuse the English language for sport.

• Not necessarily. English is my third language and I don't think that it is too obvious...

Guess lazyness might be a great factor... nowadays they rather use nubers and one-letter-words instead of writing a sentence properly.

• Always...

• Its the way people type (we type to fast to read what we have written) and plus computers suck at correcting grammar. Also with IM and texting people have found a way to type faster.

• People live under the impression that their spelling doesn't matter because "it's just the internet". Like their spelling would improve if they were to write their resume. When you bake cookies your way, you forget the original recipe. I try to get over it, but it's sad to see so many people are unable to spell a mere sentence right.

• My guess is they never went to school. If I come across a post that I can't read,I just go on to the next question.

• It definitely bothers me. I'm not that picky but sometimes it's really irritating to see the lack of effort.

What Guys Said 2

• I think risted has summed this question up properly! I mean, does it really matter how people spell or phrase their words? This place isn't school or anywhere that you gain marks for spelling. It's a help forum.

I'm very suprised at this question!

• Not really, only sometimes.