Should GaG separate the underage people from people over 18?

Should gag keep the adults and the underage people separated on gag?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• no, both age groups can learn a thing or two from the other. I'm not a fan of dividing things that way anyway, we need more unity instead of division. that said, do the under 18 crowd post some insanely stupid things? obviously yes (i've seen retardation in the older crowd as well), but that's where they should shut up and listen to someone who is older and has life experience to draw on.

• look at the comment @filomena-Do you agree with that?

• Wow if technology ever got that good I would be really pleased :)

• you and me both lol

What Girls Said 7

• No. I know when I was under 18 I wanted advice from people older than me because people my age all betrayed me, so I lost trust in my peers. If it wasn't for the people at least 15 years older than me saying, "you can't not trust all your peers. you have to treat every person the way they deserve to be treated..." etc etc etc I would not be who I am today, and I like who I am, and I am thankful to all the people that gave me advice.

• Good answer. Maybe make it so underage people cannot befriend over 18 and cannot answer their questions? Is that a decent suggestion?

• just make it to where no anonymous answers are allowed then

• Well if someone is rude anonymously just ignore it. People have no lives they need to make others feel bad. Misery loves company.

• No, I understand it's a good safety bar but it would be too much. It's nice to hear from you older more experienced people and we aren't that immature..on some questions we "under 18" people are the only users giving out serious answers...a lot of the trolls on here are well above 18 :)

maybe in chat if it had to be applied?

but on the overall site nope we can handle our own :)

• It would be nice. It's hard to find mature users and questions

• I see why they'd do that, but it'd kind of suck for the under 18s :L They'd only have people either their age or one year older/younger to help them, so I don't think they'd ever be satisfied by the quantity of useful advice they revived :L

• Good answer. I made a suggestion on a comment below that maybe over 18's could answer the under 18's but the under 18's couldn't answer the over 18's. What about that?

• Lol xD That's very true! :P Ok, its decided xD We'll go with your idea xD Discriminate the poor souls xD

• :P:P:P:P

• No. I'd rather them lurk around and get educated. That's why we're all here in the first place, right? I wouldn't like to be separated from the older ones just because they think I can't handle mature conversations.

• Wanna play a nice game of shuffleboard, canasta, or bridge? Afertwards we can get the early bird special? :P

• Yes, I think they should...! I'm always looking for mature people questions and answers.

• No. I think that opinions from all different age-groups are healthy

What Guys Said 6

• If you go to the top of the questions page there are a couple drop down menus. One of them says "all ages" ...click it and pick "Over 18."

That's about as close as it gets.

• good observation. you can answer over 18 only or over 30 only, that is as close as it gets right now.

• Holy crap I han no idea about that. Still not quite ideal but I like that.

• No, why keep good knowledge away from the youth?

• Frankly...i believe that ANY type of age segregation undermines the demographic of this site (18 and younger)...

...that frankly needs this help and information the most.

This subject has been brought up for years on this site...there's a reason why the admins haven't followed through with this suggestion.

Teens get singled out enough in society...at least here teens can feel like everyone else (for once).

• This was asked before, and it degenerated into, well... See for yourself; link

• LOL, that link is pretty damn funny.

• Aaaahh, GAG-insider jokes...awesome! :D

• No because it's fun reading what they ask, and remembering going through what they're asking about.

• no, because those on GAG younger than 18 can also have opinions, ask questions, etc.

• Yes even toddlers have opinions and ask questions. Great answer :P