Why post anonymous answers?

This is just something I've thought about for awhile. I understand why someone on this site would want to be anonymous whilst answering yes on "prostitution should be legal?"

However I can't understand why questions like, "What's your favorite fruit?" gets anonymous answers.

I don't have anything against it, just curious.

wow, I really don't recognize the GaG some of you are describing... o-O
A lot of paranoid parrots on here. xD

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want people judging based on my name. Ignorant people look at the word "Catholic" and assume I'm a judgmental Jesus-lover. I'm not. I'm simply a judgmental bitch. There's a difference.

Also, depending on what question I answer, I don't want some of the males on this site to know my name. If it's a masturbation/sex question, you are almost certain to get three friend requests from sketchy dudes within an hour of posting. It is known.

Lastly, some people just need a good dose of common sense but get bratty when they receive it. So to stop them from stalking my stuff or responding and then blocking me, I go Anonymous.

• Wait, so you don't love Jesus?

• no problem

What Girls Said 14

• I will only go anon if I have included something person about me. Like do to with myself, my appearance, my relationship, basically something I wouldn't be comfortable someone knowing about me and possibly finding me in real life. Its a weird fear.

Something like what's your favorite fruit, I don't understand it either.

Btw, love that like most of answers so far are on anon.

• I only do that depending on the question. Especially if it's an answer to something about a race or ethnicity, opinions about controversial issues, etc because some people get very easily offended and may try to track you and cause drama.

• I do it incase there is someone I know on this site and I don't want them to know I'm talking about them...

• just for fun:)

• Haha I just don't answer ones that I'd be embarrassed to. Therefore eliminating the need for anonymous.

• Its unique

• not possiblec

• why not

• i don't like my username.. :)

• I've had a little incident on this very website... So I don't want to be tracked down... :/

• Oh where does all this drama occur?

• just curious

• No not you. The question that are asked on here like "Religion demean women!" and such.

• Bc people on this site remember you and.track your qs and answers and then attack you for it later stalk you give you thumbs down and rate you one star because they have something agaist you based on your activity, you develop this gag fame and get called out on things. This is why there's always questions being asked on what happ to this user or that user or ohhhhh she/he got banned and the whole shabamm

when your anon no one can attack you or judge you based on your previous qs and they won't know who you are

• But that only fits in on the first example question.

• Just to let you know...ppl that you block can't vote on your answers

• no but they use multiple accounts

• Basiclly first anony answered it all lol

• sometimes I just answer simple questions anonymous because or 1) I don't what to some people know I'm still online when I said I was going off, or 2) I want ''someone'' to read what I've answered to some questions, and don't want those silly questions to fill my profile and make the other disappear from there.

but, usually, when they are not ''too personal'' (like the example you gave) I usually take out the anonymous after a while.

• I don't like to be tracked that much.

Also I think if my username is repeated, if I'm ever hated on by someone they're probably going to hate on me by the sight of my username and not my response.

If I give a good answer, I don't want a friend request because I don't want any friends atm. I mean, I don't mind them, I just don't want to talk about myself, they can talk about themselves all they want though.

If there's a question like, "what's your favorite fruit?" I'd still go anonymous because I don't really need questions like that logged for people to see when they view my profile, I'd rather things that matter... if I show that at all.

• ok, I still don't understand but respect your choice.

• I'm probably not like most anyway. I'm a little paranoid / really care about this stuff. Probably still doesn't make any sense. :P

What Guys Said 5

• It's become a bit of a habit. Especially when I answer controversial questions I would rather not have people begin to foster hate towards me just because of them. I'd rather keep my anonymity and answer just the same as I would normally. When I occasionally answer a sex related question, I'll also put that in anonymous, for obvious reasons. :-)

• Because there's a bunch of whiny little twits on this website who ~block~ people for disagreeing with them or giving them an answer that they don't like. I've had people leave me incredibly nasty comments on my answer, and then block me so that I couldn't respond. What kind of a wimp do you have to be when you can't take basic criticism over the ~internet~?

• As good a theory as any. :)

• Understandable

• I just happened to me... Damn, how low is this ?

• I rarely post anonymous answers, but when I do, it's purely for privacy reasons.

• I just don't want anyone profiling me based on my posts. If they are anonymous, there is no way they can do it, or at least it won't be easy. Also, my user name would be easy to link back to myself in case someone who knows me runs into it. I have talk so much sh*t about my ex-girlfriends here, that I could get killed if they knew.

• My uncle touched me once.