When you rate someone's answer to a question, do you base it off them being attractive or having a good point?

Generally I notice whenever someone answers a question, whether it's male or female, if their attractive, at least from my standpoint they get more 'thumbs up'. Especially when I see people make good points or arguments they still get downvoted for whatever reason. Why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• most of the time when you see many people getting down voted on a particular question, it's probably a troll, that either hates the question asker and just down votes everyone.

I always vote up for people of whom answer I totally agree with and usually also leave a comment that I agree with them. I do down vote anonymous sometimes, because in many questions they give really stupid answers, though sometimes you do see an anonymous give a really really good answer, but still stay anon, I don't know why.

getting down voted doesn't really give you a penalty or nothing on your points, so I don't really mind em anymore, even getting up voted doesn't give you anything anymore, only the acknowledgement that some people agree with you.

Now vote up my answer dammit, or I'll send jelly fish to sting you.

What Guys Said 8

• I agree with engineeringstudent, there seem to be popular users who have some fans, and I've noticed this more than agreeing with attractive people.

That being said, I rate regardless of how the person looks. It would be idiotic to do rate based off looks, as if the answerer cares at all.

• I base mine on the answers as far as I'm aware, but I think subconsciously people end up agreeing with more attractive people. That goes for all fields, if you're attractive you succeed more because people subconsciously end up cutting you more slack without knowing :) I try not to though.

• I think it's more about popularity than attractiveness. Anyway, I base it on the content of the answer. Not who the answerer is/what the answerer looks like.

• I'm not very into the community yet so I haven't been paying attention to that kind of stuff. I always rate answers based on content, and I don't rate questions yet.

• No, I don't base my rating on looks. I think that's One Direction in your profile pic and I don't like them, so if I were to base it on looks I would give you one star for this question.

• Good point.

• I base it off of me agreeing with them, I usually don't pay attention to their thumbnail.

• i base it off having a good point

What Girls Said 7

• I haven't really noticed that... some people like to down vote blatant facts.. that's what stumps me.

• I almost always never rate lol. I guess content? I also do it if someone asks :p

• I rate based on their answers, not by how they look. But I've noticed myself some people on here who have really excellent answers get like 5 votes down, I mean, what the f*** is your problem? And I just think most users on here favor some against others, like if that person is your friend the person will just comment "I love you dude! <3333 or "righteous man!" ..that sh*t is just so stupid.

• Having a good point..not everyone has a profile pic

• I usually don't rate I always forget

• if they have low points I'll rate it just because

• I noticed this too. But it doesn't happen all the time.

To be honest, I really don't know why is that...