Adding friends on GirlsAskGuys?

Is there a point? I get a lot of friend requests and I didn't used to accept them but not I do and I have like over 40 ha ha and we don't talk... I don't get it. Do you creep your "friends" profiles on here? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I add just about anyone who isn't an unbearable a**hole or bitch when requested.

But if I know that someone doesn't use the chat feature or doesn't like the chat, I remove that person.

Besides the ability to chat and inbox (if they leave their settings at the default, that is)...what is the purpose of adding friends, right?

I add you, and keep you, because you chat with me! :)

What Guys Said 11

• I don't really think you add friends on here to necessarily talk to them, but of course you can. It's more like you add them because you might like their questions or their answers. Kind of showing gratitude for something they said. Or maybe you share the same point of views.

But I'm sure sometimes people are just trolling and adding the hot people.

• When I send a friend request to someone it means I've seen one or more of their posts and I think we would get along, and yes I do chat with the people on my friends list when they are online.

As far as accepting requests myself, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

• I have sent one request out and it was unanswered. I have been friend requested and chat with anyone who pops online. I'll talk about basically anything, and if someone doesn't come online in a few days, I may send them a message to learn about them and just talk.

• The only point I see is if you want to have a personal chat with them. I never give friend requests on here, but there are a couple of girls who used to chat with me all the time (prior to the whole meeboo, or whatever thing took over).

• when someone reguests me I always accept them because they might want to message me a private message but if they don't than I remove them ... maybe

• Funny cos I have like 30 friends on here and only maximum 3 comes online, and sometimes 5 (on a really rare moon) to chat or something...But again some rare ones (girls I have not talked to since I added them) come online once in a while and when I say hi, they immediately log off...im like OK :/ it was nice to meet you.

• Some people just seem to "collect" other people. Others want to chat (whatever that will entail). Especially since you can't write on someone's wall or send a message without permission anymore, there'll be a lot more adding here and there :p

• i talk to all my friends eventually

• Change your profile pic. They will stop.

• I'm not sure what you mean. My pic is simply a pic of me. I shouldn't have to chane it

• Added you now answer my questions slave (kidding)

• yeah I don't keep them for long if we don't talk.

f*** that.

What Girls Said 5

• I want to know why people with hidden profiles invite a friend and expect an 'accept' when I can't decide if I want THEM as a friend based on THEIR answers/behavior.

Or when someone requests and does not at least give a one-line 'liked your answer to' or some such.

I thought 'friending' on GAG was for people who

-know each other IRL and yes, do want to track each other ( but then: we have the ' follow' feature for that)

- want to form a group of people interested in the same questions/ of the same opinions/style of answering real questions

- want to get to know someone through messaging online to eventually date/ meet up IRL

I have heard it's for

Points

to impress other people they do want to meet IRL

to buld confidence- which is counter-intuitive since having that many friends can;t mean they know the real you even if they could over the Internets.

• Mysteriously, after posting this answer, I got a 'friend' request from someone with almost nothing on their profile except some pic's and 'boyfriend material' as their description.

link

I wonder if he wanted to test what I'd do,compared to this answer?

• You are a trip. What did you do? Did you deny him? And I am "following" 3 people and have been here forever and do not know how to use that feature.

• @ 7gnat "You are a trip" I assume you know that's a reference to 'couch trip' meaning 'crazy'?

In the past, I always asked why people wanted to 'friend' me and usually got impatient "If you don't want to friend me back, then don't." replies.No matter how I replied or what I'd initially say, they'd just want me to add them, then not message me or comment on my answers. Now I just ignore random requests unless I've seen we have similar replies/interests or met via our replies to each others' ?'s

• I accept then check out the profile, if they appear sane leave them. I tend not to accept those who add 1001 girls, I'm not here to flirt with some random on the net. girls to guys on my friends list 1:3...skewered :/

• I usually don't add or except requests because then people expect you to chat with them and I'm not a very chatty person. Whenever I send friend requests it's usually because I really like your style of asking/answering questions.

• No point to it that's why I don't add peopr

• They friend you just for the sake of been friendly and/or because they want to see the rest of your pics and profile information. They may also want to read your question/comment history. If it's a new user friending, it could be a mean troll trying to keep a track on you, maybe looking for something offensive in your profile or activities on the forum to report and get you in trouble.

• Yes, the trolling always is a possible cause for behavior on GAG, I agree (unfortunately)

• good answer-now will add you anon :P

• I think I'm already on your friend list, 7gnat.