On this site, when do you feel the need to go anonymous?

what type of questions do you ask/ answers do you respond to that make you feel as if you need to do it anonymously?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't use it too much. I have just asked 2 questions in this website too, which don't require me to go anonymous the same type as your question but still I went anonymous.

I go anonymous only if I want to answer a question or post a question which reveals too much about my identity. I like to be private sometimes. You know, I'm an FBI agent so.. xD

Also, when I don't want to get attention or look like arrogant.

What Guys Said 4

• I generally answer/ask all questions un-anonymously. I feel no need to hide my identity from people online, especially on this site. Once in a great while I will answer a question anonymously if it is something like a heated religious debate or a touchy subject where I don't want to get flamed for my personal opinion.

• I usually ask anonymously if I need advice for myself personally. I do answer anonymously, but it's extremely rare.

• I never really feel the need to go anonymous, but I suppose I would if I was asking as sexual question.

• When I get amnesia

What Girls Said 4

• Never. =] I've never used the anon function in all the time I've been a member. I figure if I wouldn't want to show my face [both literally and my 'identity' as a user] with my answer, I'd probably be better off not answering at all. Usually I just say 'f.uck it' and post anyway because hiding behind anon doesn't sit well with me. I understand why people do it, but it's not my thing.

• ive personally been harassed on this site and I've worried about people finding out who I am even though I had no picture. Do you worry about that kind of thing and protecting your identity since your using a real picture of yourself?

• That's understandable. I'm not too worried about what I post here being publicized to the people in my 'real' life because none of them would really be surprised by anything I say here, I don't hide anything. My state has very few 'big' cities, and I don't live in any of them, so listing the town I'm from would be kind of careless due to the small population size. But it's not something I like REFUSE to talk about, I just don't have it listed in my profile.

• Whenever I answer a sexuality question I usually go anonymous because there are some weird people on here that would be more inclined to friend/message me seeing my answers. I ask anonymously when I feel my question is too personal.

• I go anonymous most of the time because when I do not go anoymous, there is always a hater who down-votes me just because it's me. And I'm not going to give him that benefit so I just go anon.

• so your like an infamous user? I hate when people think they know you just by the questions and answers you give, that is so absurd to me, were all still anon anyway on the net aren't we, unless some people know each other in real life

• Exactly.

• Questions like this :') Mostly questions that are really sexual...I think