Is there a point to saying no to people on here?

No, I don't mean like, if someone on here asks you out or whatever..I'm saying more about if you think the question deserves a "no" answer. Every time I tell someone "no" on here, I get yelled at, even though it happens to be the truth. It made me wonder if there's a point in saying "no"?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I have noticed that for example with questions like "Do white guys like black girls"or "Are you attracted to -",it's like saying no is wrong,so it kind of ends up pointless,so it's better to just skip the question and let people hear what they want to hear.

What Girls Said 12

• It's the nature of the beast. People don't want to hear what they don't want to hear, period. No matter how truthful it is. Don't take it personally though. It has nothing to do with you or your answer. It simply has to do with them and their willingness to accept something that they don't particular like.

• That happens to me on here too. Makes me wonder why they even asked the question in the first place haha.

But yes, you should always tell the truth as you see it. Now, whether or not the OP wants to hear it is another thing...

• Say it. Your opinion is your opinion and if people have a problem with that then it's theirs, not yours. Don't be scared to voice your opinion ever. If people want to judge let them.

• They could just be annoyed if all you said was "No" with no supporting details or any further insight because a simple "no" is kind of a worthless answer if the question is really complex. Or if that person needs someone to give them some meaningful advice a simple "no" does nothing at all

• I say it when I don't see a point in elaborating. People don't pay much attention but it's a valid answer.

• Despite getting nasty comments I do anyway. I won't get into a huge comment battle, but I'll put it out there that everyone sees things differently.

• Don't worry about it. If someone 'asks you out' or whatever, just unfriend them, ignore them or something. works well for me :P

• Sometimes people get upset if you don't include context to your answer as to why it would be yes or no, and at other times it may be because it's not simply a "yes" or "no" answer.

• Haha I know right!? I got yelle at too. So I just give up now! If I read a question and I dissaggree with it then I just skip it. There is no point of giving my opinion if I'm just going to get yelled at!

• People want nice compliments, so if you go against what they wanted to here it'll make them mad. ha ha So there isn't really a point in saying no when people just want to hear the good. I said no the other day and they gave me a thumbs down.

• If it's a yes or no question, yes it's fine.

• thats my sentiment too.. if they want HONEST answer then they should be prepared for answers that will not coincide of what they want to hear.

What Guys Said 4

• no

• They shouldn't ask if they don't want an honest answer. I joined this site for the few who will actually tell me the truth and not just to tell me what they think is the nicest or what they think I want to here and to return the favor. To everyone who has given up on giving truthful opinions, please continue to give them because I may need it some day and would much rather here the truth then some bogus answer intended to make me feel better.

• I get that sometimes, the truth hurts, we all know that..I guess people just don't like when the truth is said in a mean way. Wouldn't you rather hear "have you tried exercising a little bit" rather than "you're fat"!?

• I don't exactly grasp what you're asking, but I think you should always be yourself. Fake people suck.

• "Be yourself" works fine... SO LONG AS YOU'RE AWESOME!

• Of course there is a point... people come here to get honest answers, and even worse, why would someone come here to GIVE dishonest answers?

• I do it all the time.