Is Meebo gone for good this time or being worked on again?

They keep taking Meebo off. what's the deal? Anyone know why?

I didn't get this featured. I think admin did it because of all the other questions about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are correct, the Meebo feature has been removed. We are addressing the logistics, as well as a few issues we were having. As many of you know, Google has acquired Meebo, and is discontinuing many of Meebo's products. We are still unsure of our future with Meebo, and we were experiencing many glitches as well. We will keep you updated as we make changes and improvements!

Sorry for any inconvenience it causes! Thanks. :)

• Take as long as you like. :)

• I agree plus we all meet some interesting people on this site, and I enjoy talking to people like that instead of waiting for a reply :-)

• lol it's funny that this question got stickied, and people still ask about it, some even come to me about it.

What Guys Said 28

• They sunk Meebo

in a freethrow

through the goalposts of life.

• not sure why this got so many down votes... It's pretty funny

• Too many haters in the world. Thanks fer sayin! ; - )

• Google bought Meebo for some 1,000,000 but they didn't buy it for the chat interface (they already have one, of course)

They wanted the brains after meebo and got them working on Google projects, ths they closed meebo. link and link

• Oops, error: deal rumored at about $100 million.

• Looks like a talent acquisition. Smells like a talent acquisition.

Meebo, the chat and publishers tools company that Google acquired for roughly $100 million, is going to see most of its products shut down next month. That includes Meebo Messenger, the sharing widgets and mobile apps.

• When I was a kid, we only had real friends, and the only way we could talk to em was by knocking on their doors, or calling them on the phone and planning where we would meet. It's really not a bad way to do things.

• Google bought Meebo out and are shutting down most of it's services:

link

Apparently the chat bar is the one thing they may keep in operation. I've been on other sites, like Slate.com, that still have a meebo chat bar but now it says "powered by google" on it. So maybe that will happen here too and they're just working out the bugs. I honestly don't know though.

• It was like this yesterday when I was on... now it's gone. I'm assuming they're just working on it. They're weren't planning on taking it down last I heard...

• *They weren't...

• 0|0
  • Solutions? I'm on msn: it can be used full screen, way easier than that damned stamp sized Meebo screen.

Those who want to ask me something can do so by PM (eventually mail or MSN)

• haha. Check out the featured question.

• it is dead. and the site did not bother to simply let the users know. what do ya want for nothin"

• what the hell is meebo?

• you gotta feature a question like this to get it noticed? hehehehe

You must really miss chatting lol. There are other chat applications that you can use, MSN chat, yahoo chat, Skype or maybe even ICQ.

• I posted a very similar question last night. I would imagine a lot of people are asking the same question so they featured this one so everyone would see it and stop asking.

• yeah, I just noticed that when the asker updated their question. wow I have gotten dislikes because I mentioned ICQ , didn't know it had become a taboo word. :P

• I heard from someone in advertising that google bought meebo for their advert algorithm. And the chat bar would be going. Sounds stupid to me.

• They've switched to a telepathic server.

Can you hear me now?

• Interesting I was just about to ask this and sent it to a friend. Heh good to see I'm not the only concerned user though.

• Stop complaining it'll show up eventually.

• it's also gone on isohunt.com too so it's not just GaG.

• 0|0
  • NO idea

• London Princess said we would have chat..my disagreements with her are not to be assumed that I think she is a liar..("("{("

• any chances they will ever replace it with another form of messanger

• There's a question (right above your's )

Talks all about that lol

• microsoft aquired meebo and is dismantling some parts and developing other parts.

• How many times will this question be asked?

• try google mate

• It's hiding in the closet

• CANT TALK TO MY INTERNET FRIENDS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LIFE IS OVA

• 0|0
  • I think girls ask guys should switch to "imo" link OR "ebuddy" link

• Meebo has said the chat bar functionality will not be affected so that sites can still use it.

However, GAG does like to tinker with things.

What Girls Said 17

• I guess this means I will have to get real friends...Naahh

• I know meebo leaves on July 11 except for the meebo bar. I will miss meebo messenger though. If you want meebo just go to meebo.com/messenger

• I don't think so:

Meebo Together is better at link

Meebo Messenger will be shutting down on July 11, 2012. Click here for more information about discontinued products. If you have a Meebo Messenger account ...

Meebo Messenger will be shutting down on July 11, 2012. Click here for more information about discontinued products. If you have a Meebo Messenger account, we have set up a page where you can download your chat logs.

• Thats what I said by meebo leaves, the only thing staying is the meebo bar.

• Found this:

link

'Meebo is known for the Meebo messenger and the Meebo bar. The company considers the latter its flagship product, saying that it “provides publishers and advertisers a surprisingly simple way to leverage this massive audience by organically weaving content engagement and brand experiences into the consumer’s web experience.”'

• MEEBOO IS GONE! HE'S DEAD NOW!

• Like the anonymous user said, Google bought Meebo.

What do you do?

Well, you can still message them or get their phone numbers and text...it's not the end of the world that the chat is gone.

• i don't know, but I want it back.

• You do realize the featured question in this category is about meebo? Perhaps you should pay attention.

• perhaps you should ADD ME? and I don't check categories.

• WHAT IS Meebo?

• Forget it.

• Google bought meebo

• on GAG I heard its gone forever

• I used a site to sign in to Meebo link

But I don't know if this site will be shut down too.

• it doesn't exist anymore

• I don't care.

• i think its gone forever :(

• Lmao! A featured question because of meebo... lol!

And yeah it looks like it's gone for good.

• I hope so. I never use it anyway.

• Thumbs up

• It was 'killed' by Google because they were interested in the brains behind Meebo, not in the messenger. Thus Google put them at work on their own projects and closed Meebo.

• Well when it signs me in, I sign right back out.

• you couldve googled that, what a waste of a featured question

• it had to be a featured question since there was one meebo question every hour or so

• yea, I haven't even noticed, I don't care about meebo.

• yeah asked 10 different times in diff. ways lol :p