Has anyone else noticed the lower "live feed" activity?

It seems that after Meebo was shut down and the non friend messaging ban, now the live feed traffic is reduced.

What say you nation of GAG?

My thought is that GAG is moving away from the social aspect of the site and shifting to be more of Q&A site.

If so will it work? Do we have another Wiki answers?

Your turn.

If I get banned for bringing this up; it has been nice knowing you. Write a nice obituary and hold nice funeral for me! :D

I did get temporarily banned on Sunday night! No warnings and no explanations.

I contacted admin as why to I was banned. Gues what? No answers.

I will update when if I do.

Pretty lame lol

Most Helpful Guy

• i noticed that a lot of questions have only like two or three answers (even q's up for several hours) and I have no meebo now lol. what the hell's going on, it's like a ghost town on here now.

• I am here :D

• I am too but instead of getting 40 or 70 answers on my questions I now get 17 -and I got banned illegally once as I guess most of my friends will too to just teach them a lesson.

• @ update: what do you mean you got banned Sunday night? like your profile was banned or this question?

What Guys Said 9

• To be perfectly honest this is what GAG was when I first joined up. There was no social aspect at all, no IM, no ability to friend people, no nothing. Just Q&A. But then in a massive site overhaul at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009, they introduced all these social networking features that made the site blow up in its userbase. Unfortunately a lot of the people it attracted were trolls, troublemakers, and other undesirables who were using the site entirely for the wrong reasons.

• Did I read this correctly then?

• It still made it better. It is just that there is disorganization, a lack of clear planning and corruption with certain mods

• I don't think GaG owns Meebo because I've seen Meebo on other websites like www.isohunt.com but it's also gone from there too

• They don't . I'm pretty sure the option to keep meebo on the site was there. I still see it on some sites.

Anyhow I never used it. My question is more about the shift gag making.

• I did, but I never look at it.

• I never used the live feed.

• Cool and I rarely used Meebo or messaged non friends.

But what is your thought?

• If it were up to me, the site would be radically different, but I doubt it would be as popular.

• Well looking at the live feed will show how much activity is going on. Now that meebo is gone there is MUCH less going on on gag.

• Isn't non friend messaging ban what the women wanted?

• They just wanted your rude ass to stop harassing them

• look peace it's my other comments maybe you haven't seen them? link

• If you disagree with someones preference, likes, or dislikes then you comment and say how ugly a girl is? Yes your comments are that bad.

• Ha you will not get banned and you will likely get to keep this question up. I have seen the live feed action reduced tenfold. I usually get 30 to 60 answers on my questions. Now I get about 10 without meebo. Gag pretty much sucks now.

• You won't be banned lol. Deft is immortal :P

anyways. I haven't really noticed, but I guess that might be because I have too many friends on my friends list :o

• It won't work, the Admin knows how big the social chatting is.

• its getting boring lol ill leave again

What Girls Said 3

• I wish that I could say something nice about this site but I can't as I recently had a bad experience on here. This site is about asking questions and giving answers. Meebo was just a extra feature. I'm not too bothered about losing Meebo and messaging friends because at least I won't be stuck on the internet spending hours on a computer or phone online to random strangers. I'm more out and about socialising with friends etc :)

I think the problem may boil down to liability and this site may not be able to afford to pay damages if something tragic happens. :)

• I think GAG is acting really dumb and don't care what its members want. I don't get them.

• @Update: That's GAG...they're like a dictator who doesn't allow anyone to speak against them.

• This site is going down. Not enough activity like before.